My property obviously was a dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dtruex

Reaction score
I recently started clearing off my property of only 7 acres. In the process I happen to notice an amber bottle sticking out of the ground, so I got off the backhoe to investigate, it turned out to be a clorox bottle, looking around that area there was other thing like ceramic insulators still on the bracket. Confused at how this got out in the middle of the woods I was also curious as to what else was laying around... alot of glass!! 320 bottles oldest so far 1891, and have found another spot on other side of property that is 3 times the size, and getting 30 bottles every afternoon

yacorie

Reaction score
I recently started clearing off my property of only 7 acres. In the process I happen to notice an amber bottle sticking out of the ground, so I got off the backhoe to investigate, it turned out to be a clorox bottle, looking around that area there was other thing like ceramic insulators still on the bracket. Confused at how this got out in the middle of the woods I was also curious as to what else was laying around... alot of glass!! 320 bottles oldest so far 1891, and have found another spot on other side of property that is 3 times the size, and getting 30 bottles every afternoon

That sounds great. How far is the nearest house or the nearest old house? It might not have been as isolated as it is now.

take some pictures and be sure to share. I think most of us here enjoy looking.

what state are you in?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hope you make some good finds! Could be a small municipal dump if you're near a town, or it could have been some very trashy people living there during the first half of the 20th century. Both can turn up some great finds.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Dtruex.
First of all welcome. Secondly, congrats. That's pretty exciting. The Chlorox bottle is not that rare or old but if you're getting back before 1900, sooner or later you should get into some decent items. Good luck out there.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Any bottle from 1891 is a good bottle, the more 1890's bottle's you can find the better. Some people would be upset to find all that garbage or dump on there Property but for Bottle Collectors that's a dream come true. You may even have some rare or Valuable bottles hiding in there. Keep Digging & Welcome to the site.LEON.

Dtruex

Reaction score
This was the collection I got from the first spot I found. Nothing real special but it was exciting 1535930847780.jpg

Last edited:

Dtruex

Reaction score
Thank you, I found a green E.R. Squibb and Sons bottle, his sons joined his business in 1892

Dtruex

Reaction score
This was this morning at the honey hole

There's nothing but glass buried, no trash, just a lot of glass[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-JIlw_rIy9wn2VokCS3jGfduSWP8oVr/view?usp=drivesdk[/video]

hemihampton

Reaction score
So far all I see on that table looks like 1930's to 1950's stuff. Pretty common stuff not many collect. Painted soda bottles (acl) & Milk bottles from this time frame can be collectible & have value. The older the better. LEON.

sandchip

Reaction score
I always think of Plumbata finding that rare pontiled pickle in a later dump like that, so you never know. Good luck. We look forward to seeing what turns up out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora