Coca-Cola Japan 25th Anniversary Coke Bottle w/ Wooden Display Case

I found this bottle and wooden display case at an estate sale and don't know the history of it. It appears to be a bottle/case celebrating the 25th year of Coca-Cola Japan in 1982. Anyone know the history of this item and who it was given to? I found a similar bottle with a wooden stand with the same label, so there appears to be a few variations of this item. Perhaps the nicer one with a display case went to management? Any information would be great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	186974

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	186975

Name:	3.jpg 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	186976

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	186977

Name:	5.jpg 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	186978

Senior Member Bottle Master
    That's an interesting one, I imagine it went to someone fairly high up in the company since that much care was put into the display. Odd that there's no Japanese writing on it, I wonder if the Japanese branch of Coca Cola was run by Americans in those days. If you don't already know, the bottle is a reproduction of a prototype for a rejected design of the hobbleskirt bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    That's an interesting one, I imagine it went to someone fairly high up in the company since that much care was put into the display. Odd that there's no Japanese writing on it, I wonder if the Japanese branch of Coca Cola was run by Americans in those days. If you don't already know, the bottle is a reproduction of a prototype for a rejected design of the hobbleskirt bottle.

Oh, I forgot to mention the bottle also has "Atlanta" embossed on the bottom "lip" of the bottle. Yes, No Japanese writing on the bottle. The bottle is from 1982 and since it's celebrating 1957. I see that Coke debuted in Japan in June 1957, so that makes sense.

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Interesting, But I wonder why they didn't make it look like the 1957 Japanese Coke instead of the 1915 Prototype? LEON.

Who knows. Would you think that's what they would have done. Maybe this had more of a cool factor than doing that.