Coca-Cola Japan 25th Anniversary Coke Bottle w/ Wooden Display Case

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

apertured

Reaction score
I found this bottle and wooden display case at an estate sale and don't know the history of it. It appears to be a bottle/case celebrating the 25th year of Coca-Cola Japan in 1982. Anyone know the history of this item and who it was given to? I found a similar bottle with a wooden stand with the same label, so there appears to be a few variations of this item. Perhaps the nicer one with a display case went to management? Any information would be great.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, I imagine it went to someone fairly high up in the company since that much care was put into the display. Odd that there's no Japanese writing on it, I wonder if the Japanese branch of Coca Cola was run by Americans in those days. If you don't already know, the bottle is a reproduction of a prototype for a rejected design of the hobbleskirt bottle.

apertured

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, I imagine it went to someone fairly high up in the company since that much care was put into the display. Odd that there's no Japanese writing on it, I wonder if the Japanese branch of Coca Cola was run by Americans in those days. If you don't already know, the bottle is a reproduction of a prototype for a rejected design of the hobbleskirt bottle.

Oh, I forgot to mention the bottle also has "Atlanta" embossed on the bottom "lip" of the bottle. Yes, No Japanese writing on the bottle. The bottle is from 1982 and since it's celebrating 1957. I see that Coke debuted in Japan in June 1957, so that makes sense.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Interesting, But I wonder why they didn't make it look like the 1957 Japanese Coke instead of the 1915 Prototype? LEON.

apertured

Reaction score
Who knows. Would you think that's what they would have done. Maybe this had more of a cool factor than doing that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi