Senior Member Bottle Finder PlaneDiggerCam's Avatar

Found another dump. Definitely 1890s Possibly much older.

While exploring over the weekend I discovered yet another bottle dump. I felt stupid becuase I had searched the entire area before, but I must have just missed it. This dump was on a hillside and there was metal and buckets everywhere. I kicked around some leaves and was happy to see some 1890s glass and crockery shards sticking out. Sadly, I didn't bring my gear with me and my phone battery was dying so I was not able to dig or take pictures. I will make another thread when I go back to take pictures and dig when the weather is warmer.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Sounds like that place has some great potential, looking forward to seeing what you find!

Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaneDiggerCam View Post
    While exploring over the weekend I discovered yet another bottle dump. I felt stupid becuase I had searched the entire area before, but I must have just missed it. This dump was on a hillside and there was metal and buckets everywhere. I kicked around some leaves and was happy to see some 1890s glass and crockery shards sticking out. Sadly, I didn't bring my gear with me and my phone battery was dying so I was not able to dig or take pictures. I will make another thread when I go back to take pictures and dig when the weather is warmer.
    nice job. I spent 2 days hiking all over my part of CT last week in the warm weather and found a few spots but they were all 1950s.

Was a a great couple days to be in the woods.

cant wait to see what you uncover

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yacorie View Post
    nice job. I spent 2 days hiking all over my part of CT last week in the warm weather and found a few spots but they were all 1950s.

Was a a great couple days to be in the woods.

cant wait to see what you uncover

Curious, Any old rusty dented Beer Cans in that 1950's Dump? I collect those. LEON.

Member New Bottler
    I find old rusty beer cans, some spots more abundant than others. Are you talking about crown top bottles or the cans that were opened with a can opener? The ones using the can opener are what I find most often.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    your digging in February in New England ? were in the middle of harsh winter weather here

Senior Member Bottle Finder PlaneDiggerCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    your digging in February in New England ? were in the middle of harsh winter weather here
    Personally, I only look for new dumps in the winter becuase there is less underbrush and they are easier to see. Sometimes I do a small exploratory hole to see what age the dump is. I usually wait until it gets warmer to start the real digging so I don't break bottles, especially very old ones.

I find old rusty beer cans, some spots more abundant than others. Are you talking about crown top bottles or the cans that were opened with a can opener? The ones using the can opener are what I find most often.

I Collect both the ones with crown top known as Cone Tops & the flats tops that were opened with a can opener known as Church Key. Some pics of some of mine below. LEON.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altesfront1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	187004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altespyramid.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	187005
    Last edited by hemihampton; 02-13-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Sorry for the hijack.Link to my old Beer Can Wanted Post. LEON. https://www.antique-bottles.net/show...NTED-BEER-CANS

P.S. It's like 56 pages long, lots to read & info.

Last edited by hemihampton; 02-13-2019 at 07:42 PM.