I would "LIKE" some info on this bottle (and product)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'd not call 50-year-old antique. In America, most museums consider century-old antique. In places like England, antique is more like 200 years old. I suppose it's all relative, but I'd say the bottles are vintage. Today is the anniversary of the sinking of the battleship Maine, which set off the Spanish-American war: an event of recent antiquity. But Vietnam-era? That's yesterday for even some of my coworkers.

In regards to the manufacturer, have you tried this site:
https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-3/

In regards to value to the bottle, I failed to sell one still full of the product for $5 at an antique store and will be attempting to sell two for $2 at the upcoming bottle show.

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score
I'd not call 50-year-old antique. In America, most museums consider century-old antique. In places like England, antique is more like 200 years old. I suppose it's all relative, but I'd say the bottles are vintage. Today is the anniversary of the sinking of the battleship Maine, which set off the Spanish-American war: an event of recent antiquity. But Vietnam-era? That's yesterday for even some of my coworkers.

In regards to the manufacturer, have you tried this site:
https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-3/

In regards to value to the bottle, I failed to sell one still full of the product for $5 at an antique store and will be attempting to sell two for $2 at the upcoming bottle show.

Actually, I prefer "vintage" over "antique" - I was born in 1960! Your comment about the Vietnam War put these in perspective for me. I plan on attending the Flint Bottle Show - I might be interested in those "Like" bottles ... Thank you for the link!
My latest conundrum is a Coke shaped bottle with no embossing, nothing on base or bottom. BUT, on the side it says
"NV XCLUSIV
circle 2 02 .EC OCA COLA COMPANY
HECHO N MEXICO

Talk about new at this - I don't even know where to begin on a Mexican bottle.
- Cheryl

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It's not the Flint I'll be at. It's the Grand Rapids one on February 23rd.

I'm afraid that I dunno any sources for Mexican bottles.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Actually, I prefer "vintage" over "antique" - I was born in 1960! Your comment about the Vietnam War put these in perspective for me. I plan on attending the Flint Bottle Show - I might be interested in those "Like" bottles ... Thank you for the link!
My latest conundrum is a Coke shaped bottle with no embossing, nothing on base or bottom. BUT, on the side it says
"NV XCLUSIV
circle 2 02 .EC OCA COLA COMPANY
HECHO N MEXICO

Talk about new at this - I don't even know where to begin on a Mexican bottle.
- Cheryl
Could you post a photo? That sounds like a very odd one. "XCLUSIV" makes me think that it was used in the US rather than Mexico, and probably in the 90s or 00s, when people thought it was cool to write things like "XCLUSIV" instead of "exclusive".

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score
Could you post a photo? That sounds like a very odd one. "XCLUSIV" makes me think that it was used in the US rather than Mexico, and probably in the 90s or 00s, when people thought it was cool to write things like "XCLUSIV" instead of "exclusive".
I was glad to post pics ... decided to start a new thread. Getting away from the LIKE bottle. Thank you so much!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora