I would "LIKE" some info on this bottle (and product)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score
I've come across a green "Like" 10 oz bottle. The little research I've done - said it was a diet version of 7-up released in 1963. Ending 1977. They re-introduced it in 1982, but it was a no-go. I'm interested to see if this one was part of the original release or the doomed re-release. The bottom of the bottle shows "G-203358 9066 13" Any info is most appreciated - Cheryl
Like_Back_Bottle.jpgLike_Bottom_Bottle.jpg
Like_Front_Bottle.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Have you checked out 7UP's website? They might have something on it if they have a company history section...if I'm reading that near the bottom correctly.

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score
Thank you - I'll do that now. I also have two 7-up bottles I can research at the same time!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have the identical style bottle (a couple, actually) with date-codes from another glass-maker for 1963 and 1965.

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score
I have the identical style bottle (a couple, actually) with date-codes from another glass-maker for 1963 and 1965.

How would I determine the year on this one? The last two digits are "66". Does that indicate the year?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Your bottle does not appear to have a date-code. My bottles were made by Owen-Illinois and Glenshaw, which put date-codes on the bottom of the bottles in many cases. I cannot determine the glass-maker of your bottles, but major bottling companies often requested the same bottle from multiple glass-makers: especially if they had manufacturing/bottling facilities in multiple states.
If it were Owen-Illinois, it would be:
#. <(I)> 66
or
# (I) 66

If Glenshaw, it might be,
[G] 66

But yours seems to only have information regarding the mould, but not when the mould was formed. So, I cannot say when your bottle dates to exactly.

sandchip

Reaction score
1966, over 50 years ago. Which means I'm an antique. too. Sigh...

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score
1966, over 50 years ago. Which means I'm an antique. too. Sigh...[/QUOTE

Talk about sigh ... I was born in 1960!

My next few bottles (2 clear, one green) are 32 oz.with Mavis Beverage Corp Detroit Mich. The strange thing is the marking looks like two cursive F's in a circle.

And the hunt begins ...

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score
Your bottle does not appear to have a date-code. My bottles were made by Owen-Illinois and Glenshaw, which put date-codes on the bottom of the bottles in many cases. I cannot determine the glass-maker of your bottles, but major bottling companies often requested the same bottle from multiple glass-makers: especially if they had manufacturing/bottling facilities in multiple states.
If it were Owen-Illinois, it would be:
#. <(I)> 66
or
# (I) 66

If Glenshaw, it might be,
[G] 66

But yours seems to only have information regarding the mould, but not when the mould was formed. So, I cannot say when your bottle dates to exactly.

"Sandchip" believes its 1966 which means it's an antique. I was born in 1960 - antique also! lol
My next 3 bottles are two clear (32 oz) with Mavis Beverage Corp Detroit, Mich around the neck. I'm kinda stuck on the logo - it looks like to cursive F's in a circle. Any suggestions where I might find info on the logo?
Note: I keep waiting for this "bug" to fade or lose interest entirely. Not happpenin' :)
As always, I appreciate any, and all, assistance - Cheryl

Mavis_Beverage.jpgMavis_Beverage_Bottom.jpg

Cheryl Lee

Reaction score

Any idea if there is any value to the bottle? I'm really not interested in getting rid of it. Makes for a great conversation piece. I've yet to have anyone that ever heard of "Like." No wonder it was a bomb.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora