Found dump site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Vince

Reaction score
Greetings fellow treasure hunters.
I found an old dump about a year ago and have been pulling bottles and other things out of it for about a year. Nothing is super old -everything from the 50's. My question is how best to sell this lot of stuff to someone. My bride is not a big fan of old bottles. Some are very unique, many are pretty plain. I will post pictures soon. I am in Austin, TX.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's very little market for 50s bottles that aren't sodas or milks, and there's a massive number of bottles from this era out there - enough that anyone who wants them can go out in the woods and bring home a sackful for themselves. So selling them for any amount of money, even a very small amount of money, can be extremely difficult.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Like Canadian said, pull the milks, sodas, also any poisons. Women like milk glass and cobalt blue stuff, depression glass etc. You won't get rich off it, though. Maybe if you keep going deeper you might get into some older age stuff. (and more money.)

Vince

Reaction score
Thanks - The only bottle that is marked POISON is broken unfortunately.
There are some cobalt bottles - so I will set those aside.
Yesterday I found a bottle - good sized one at that - in perfect condition filled with Iodine. It about knocked me over when I opened it up.
It's fun at least. Thanks for the replies Canadian and Glasshopper55

sunrunner

Reaction score
there is not much use in trying to sell that stuff . even some of the more scares a c l's I've dug only go for a dollar. and they have to be in good nick . ( condition ).

Bottledigger52

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but are you sure you want to marry someone that doesn't appreciate bottles and preserving history ? No women ever told Indiana Jones he couldn't treasure hunt. Lol just kidding good luck

Bernie19

Reaction score
Greetings fellow treasure hunters.
I found an old dump about a year ago and have been pulling bottles and other things out of it for about a year. Nothing is super old -everything from the 50's. My question is how best to sell this lot of stuff to someone. My bride is not a big fan of old bottles. Some are very unique, many are pretty plain. I will post pictures soon. I am in Austin, TX.
Wheres this dump site at?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger