Colorful closet find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I found these in a closet at my grandfathers house in Pennsylvania. He found these over the years of searching for antique odds and ends.

DSC_0912.jpg1.jpgDSC_0905.jpgDSC_0906.jpgDSC_0907.jpgDSC_0908.jpgDSC_0910.jpgDSC_0911.jpg

Bucket

Reaction score
Beautiful! Looks like you have some nice ones in there. Pretty sure most of those cat's eyes are U.S. made. I love finding marbles! I've found 9 in my creeks since Thanksgiving. Looking for bottles and those are nice surprises!

Screwtop

Reaction score
Beautiful! Looks like you have some nice ones in there. Pretty sure most of those cat's eyes are U.S. made. I love finding marbles! I've found 9 in my creeks since Thanksgiving. Looking for bottles and those are nice surprises!

You seem to know about these things. I can't tell what is what. I don't know if some are agate, porcelain or what. I have a screwy looking marble with a swirl, and a section that looks like it has a hole in it. Do you know what companies some of them were manufactures by?

Bucket

Reaction score
I probably know enough to be dangerous! But I've been hunting and collecting marbles for years and I have some really good resource books. I'd be happy to try to help! Post some pix of the ones you're puzzling over...a couple of different views/angles, on a neutral background (a grey t-shirt works great) and good lighting. :)

Bucket

Reaction score
I think I see the one you're referring to with the swirl and hole. It almost looks like a glazed china but would need a closer pic to know better. You have at least two Benningtons in that group of Clay's, a blue and a red shooter. I think I also see some Akro Agate (company name) corkscrews and helmets in the bigger bunch.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora