Age & Information that might be linked to these French Apothecary Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OutsideAgent

Reaction score
Just me again... probably gonna be posting a lot the next day or so as I pack up my collection and forgotten bottles for moving house :rolleyes:

I got these at auction and they were labelled as early 1900s /victorian era.
Wondering if anyone has any similar bottles and if they could perhaps verify that dating or pointers to any useful information on these kind of bottles in general?
I've seen a few bottles sort of similar with the same dating as the auctioneers for these ones but I have't came across these exact names or any reliable information source - apart from some other sellers with similar bottles :)

french apothecary bottles victorian.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are beautiful, never seen anything like them before. What are the labels made out of? They look an awful lot like ACL labels which would be anachronistic for the Victorian era. The style of manufacture looks genuine for an apothecary bottle of that era though.

OutsideAgent

Reaction score
They are aren't they! I had to get my hands on them to see them properly and do a bit of research if possible haha!
The names are etched on to the glass - which was being done in Victorian era I believe...
I should get better photo's in more natural light it probably makes them look more opaque in this photo than they are, they have a transparency which resembles etching!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ahh that makes sense, I'm used to etching that's a lot more transparent than that. They appear to be the real deal in that case (unless someone corrects me on that) and a very good find!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi