Black/Green wine or spirits? Bottle with Seal no info online please help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

INEEDTHAT

Reaction score
BLACK GLASS W SEAL 1.jpg20190122_100101.jpgBLACK GLASS W SEAL 2.jpg I am brand new to the forum but I just aquired quite a few bottles and this one has me stumped. It is black glass I belive athough it is that dark olive color and it has a seal on the front which I am not familiar with. It appears to be blown glass as there are no seams and it has bubbkes in the glass. i could not really tell if ithas a pontil mark and the bollte doesnt sit level. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

sandchip

Reaction score
A close up of the seal and of the top might help and a well lit shot of the base.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that. Where did you acquire it? I'm wondering if it might come from Eastern Europe because it looks so unusual even compared to old Western European bottles.

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
-

Hi, Your bottle is a familiar form in Europe and is usually associated with cherry based maraschino liqueurs.
Several companies used this style of bottle with applied seals, Drioli and Luxardo being names that spring to mind.
The lower part of the bottle up to the seal would have been covered in a raffia casing to which the label was normally applied.
They come in both square and round varieties with some of the earlier ones being pontiled.
Although very crude looking your bottle appears to have a later 'moulded' as opposed to an applied seal.

:)

Last edited:

INEEDTHAT

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks so much for sharing your knowlege it definitely gives me a starting point! may thanks I learn something new everyday .
-

Hi, Your bottle is a familiar form in Europe and is usually associated with cherry based maraschino liqueurs.
Several companies used this style of bottle with applied seals, Drioli and Luxardo being names that spring to mind.
The lower part of the bottle up to the seal would have been covered in a raffia casing to which the label was normally applied.
They come in both square and round varieties with some of the earlier ones being pontiled.
Although very crude looking your bottle appears to have a later 'moulded' as opposed to an applied seal.

:)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi