Lea and Perrins bottle find in New Zealand

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

redhillphil

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to the forum so hope you people can help me learn more about bottles. I have found 3 old bottles this week on the farm where I work, on the river flats of the Northern Wairoa River in Northland New Zealand. This area was first settled by Europeans in the early 1800"s and many artifacts have been found in this area, both pre and post-European periods. This Lea and Perrins bottle was sticking out of a drain bank. I hope the photo's help identify it's age etc.
Thanks
Phil

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1ebe.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1ebe.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 216
  • fullsizeoutput_1ec4.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1ec4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 220

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! The Lea and Perrins probably dates to the late 19th or early 20th century, up to around the 1920s or so. It's hard to be precise with these UK bottles.

RCO

Reaction score
I found a similar bottle in Canada once before , think it was widely used and mass produced at the time .

but evidence your in a good area that may contain other older bottles

although I have no idea how common it be to find one in your part of the world , we rarely see bottles posted from New Zealand or even Australia

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be curious to see any New Zealand bottles you find, I've only got one bottle from NZ and it's a 60s soda. Other than that I don't think I've ever seen any NZ bottles.
And yes Worcester sauce was extremely popular throughout the British Empire around the turn of the century. We get a lot of those in Canada.

sunrunner

Reaction score
bottles made in England had a much cruder look to them , even into the 1920s.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu