Looking for Information on a few bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

yacorie

Reaction score
I'm finishing up going through bottles and trying to figure out what they all were, if they're common etc. I have 6 remaining that I can't seem to find information on. I was hoping people on the site might know something they could share.

1. A liquor bottle embossed Guaranteed full pint and then a small slug plate with V.B. Troy N.Y. I can't seem to figure out what V.B stood for.

2. A bottle embossed with E.E. Gray Co. Importers and Wholesale Grocers Boston, Mass, USA. I'm assuming this was some type of liquor but havne't been able to figure it out for sure.

3. A hair product bottle. Wm Jay Barker Hirsutus New York. I'm assuming its hair product from the Hirsutus but can't find information on this one. Its cracked on the back which would normally make me toss it but not sure if its rare and someone who collects this stuff might want it before I toss it.

4. Amber Royal Call Remedy. Can't seem to find anything on this even though its not an old bottle (seam through the lip)

5. Ralph C Hovey PhD Chemist. Obviously not old with the screw top but can't find this guy. The only thing I can find is information on a big lawsuit but I dont' think it was him.

6. Wards Ink bottle - just trying to get some idea on age or rarity. I haven't seen this one myself before.

I appreciate any information folks have or if they know where to look.

Thanks

IMG_1244.jpgIMG_1245.jpgIMG_1246.jpgIMG_1247.jpgIMG_1248.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 278

yacorie

Reaction score
Nice bottles! Here is a link to an 1898 article about WM J. Barker:

https://books.google.com/books?id=u...AD#v=onepage&q=Wm Jay Barker Hirsutus&f=false

Could the Royal Call Remedy actually be Royal Gall? If so, it was a horse medicine from Portland, ME. Here's another link:

https://books.google.com/books?id=b...AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=Royal Call Remedy&f=false

Thank you for these links.

I think you're right - it must be Royal Gall Remedy. Looking at the bottle - it does look like there is a tiny hint of what would be a "G" at the base of what I thought was a "C"

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi