Your best bottle photo's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I love looking at bottle pics, especially the ones done right. Let's see some of your good pics.

DSC_0977.jpg

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Yes, the light passes through that one quite nicely. I did something similar (blindly, as the sun was in my face, with curiosity as to how it may turn out) with a Art Deco soda.

I think my favourite picture is of this c. 1854 arsenic bottle and a caterpillar-- a toxic caterpillar: how ironic.
-hQv6InVwP75sJAr2WRIqg.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Great picture of the Harter's, Screwtop! I've never seen sun behind a bottle work in a photo, until now!

Here's one that turned out okay, I guess...in spite of myself.

creek1.jpg

shotdwn

Reaction score
Nice black and white picture Screwtop. I especially like the 1906 dated brick.

Screwtop

Reaction score
If you want a sun-backlit bottle photo, always do it in the early morning, or evening. The above photo was taken in the evening. Most of the sun dipped below the tree line, making it less bright than what it was. If you wait till late morning/daytime, the sun will be this blindingly bright fireball that will drown out all color and embossing on your bottle. More color will be shown in the early morning too. Always make sure the sun is not directly behind your bottle. Go below the bottle, or too the side. If the sun is directly behind the bottle, you will only highlight one portion of your bottle.

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
-
I am in the UK and photograph a lot bottles and associated items, mainly for putting
up on the UK forums where I also try a provide a little bit of the background information for each one.
-
My collection is fairly cosmopolitan with pieces from all over the world including a sub collection of US items, a few of which are shown below.

-

-

-

I use a light table for a lot of the photographs but do take some on the spur of the moment when the light is right.

-

-

-

I also construct composites which are particularly useful for showing figural bottles.

-

-

-

-

-

:)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads