Fruit Squeeze - Toronto Ont embossed soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
also found this bottle at an antique mall a couple months back , never got around to posting it .

don't really know that much about it but feel like I've seen a couple before over the years so I don't think its that rare . but seems to be very little about it online or in books I have

bottom says it was made by Dominion Soda Water Manufacturing co Toronto , which was a large bottler that lasted into the 1930's . not sure of there product line or exactly what " fruit squeeze " was . sort of assumed an orange or fruit punch type drink

fruitsqueeze.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
here are some nicer pictures of the embossing " Fruit Squeeze " design registered . no date on the bottle but does have a D triangle on bottom

DSC01824.jpgDSC01825.jpg

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Those swirly curvy embossed lines are cool! When I first looked at it I thought of Big Ben beverages, which has the same style embossing. Here's a pic.

P1020231.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the big ben's bottle is really similar , seems to be the same design or very similar , not sure who designed the bottle , mine was definitly made in Canada

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow yeah that Big Ben looks almost exactly the same, where does it come from? It definitely does look like one company copied the other. Deco bottles sharing designs is the norm in Canada, never seen the same design used for different companies on opposite sides of the border before though.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Big Ben Beverage Corp. had operations in Chicago, Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri. The bottle I posted is made by the Obear-Nestor Glass Co. in East St. Louis, Illinois.
Where was the Fruit Squeeze bottle manufactured, I am not familar with the D in a triangle.

RCO

Reaction score
Big Ben Beverage Corp. had operations in Chicago, Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri. The bottle I posted is made by the Obear-Nestor Glass Co. in East St. Louis, Illinois.
Where was the Fruit Squeeze bottle manufactured, I am not familar with the D in a triangle.

D Is the logo for " Dominion Glass Co " they were one of the main bottle makers in Canada

RCO

Reaction score
Wow yeah that Big Ben looks almost exactly the same, where does it come from? It definitely does look like one company copied the other. Deco bottles sharing designs is the norm in Canada, never seen the same design used for different companies on opposite sides of the border before though.

I think it be worth further research to try and figure out where this design originated from , although I'm limited here as to what I could do . but the fact the 2 bottles are close to the same , it does appear someone made this design and multiple companies used it

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora