Coca Cola Bottle plants: What's the Difference?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I went on to Earlycoke.com looking for start dates on some Coca Cola plants. Granted, it could be that the site needs an update, but I noticed something. I have a bottle that is embossed "Coca Cola bottling works Butler PA.". I also had a bottle that was Cameron's something, from Washington PA. On the bottom of the Cameron's bottle, it said "Bottled by Coca Cola". Both Butler, and Washington were not listed. Neither bottle has the Coca Cola logo on it. What is the difference between a bottle that looks like this...

DSC_0971.jpg

"Coca Cola Bottling Works"

Versus one that looks like this...

DSC_0966.jpg

"Coca Cola"

In other words, did the amber Coke come from an "official" plant, and the aqua Coke a "spinoff" plant? I am sorry about my wording. I am not sure how to ask this question.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Coca Cola in Script contained Coca Cola. The Coca Cola in non script could contain anything but Coca Cola. Resulting in a big differance in Price & desirebility. LEON.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. It makes sense because Dasani Water has a Coca Cola logo on the package. So why didn't that company put there own name on the bottle? Was it temporary?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
In the case of these franchises, "Coca Cola Bottling Works" was their own name. Franchises would usually use the name of their franchise product in their company name, even if they bottled a wide range of flavours. There are all sorts of these flavour bottles out there, primarily for Coca Cola bottlers but sometimes for other franchise brands as well.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi