U.S.A. Hosp. Dept.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Well I consider myself completely blown away by the selling price of that 2.5" cobalt U.S.A. Hosp. Dept bottle on Glass Works auction #129. I would have guessed $600 on the high side and $350 on the low side. That little puppy went for $1300.00!! At least 2 people sure did want it badly! :D

sandchip

Reaction score
I'm wondering where that blue quart on NCH is gonna end up. Well, I can say this much, it won't end up on my shelf!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I can barely afford a dinged up Straight sided Coca Cola bottle, If only we had the money like some folks do, could you imagine our shelves? Get some scratch-off's everybody, lol!

sandchip

Reaction score
I hear ya, brother. If I could hit the lottery, I'd be such a pain in the ass to all the "advanced" collectors out there. That term has always irritated the hell out of me. They don't know more about or love bottles more than any of us; they just have the jack.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Thought I would post a couple more of my more scarce. Although they are both aqua, the lip on these are what make them rarer. You very rarely see a blob top lip on an aqua quart or pint. They most always have the flange type collar. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to dig either one of these. Had to drop some serious coin. Here's papa quart and baby pint.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Thought I would post a couple more of my more scarce ones. They are both aqua but what makes them more rare is their lip. Very rarely do you see an aqua quart or pint with a blob top. Most always they have a flange type collar. Unfortunately I didn't dig either one of these. Had to drop some serious coin. U.S.A. Hosp. Dept. 12.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264