U.S.A. Hosp. Dept.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Absolute killers, 'smoke! Great, great examples.

shotdwn

Reaction score
I didn't know these bottles came in such a variety of colors. All I had ever seen them in was colorless. They are some really nice bottles.

Screwtop

Reaction score
That green bottle is killer!

Officially I collect straight sided sodas, but I will always make exceptions for Civil War bottles.

In two weeks, my dad and I will be going to DIV XLV. It's an invitational relic hunt. This is going to be held near Culpeper VA, my old hometown. The Union Army had artillery camped out there for a while, and there was a skirmish there as well. The Confederates came and borrowed the area after the yanks left. There is the possibility to find a trash pit, and I aim to be the lucky dog to find it!

sandchip

Reaction score
That green bottle is killer!

You got that right. I've always wanted one. Wichmann had one in one of his auctions several years ago, so I asked him to bring it to an upcoming national show so that I could give it a good going over before bidding. Saw him at the show and asked about it. "I dropped and broke it back at the gallery." I think he said he was taking pictures over concrete or something. I could say something here, but I'm gonna refrain. Really made me sick though, because it's a pretty rare varient. Not like they're still being made.

By the way, Gunsmoke, I really appreciate you sharing those with us. More, please.

sandchip

Reaction score
...I'm very proud of my collection and will continue to expand on it until I die...

Amen that, brother. I knew when I was 14, 45 years ago that I was ruint for life and would continue until I drop dead or am no longer physically or mentally able to continue collecting.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll continue to post more pics when I can. Hey sand, I remember that auction when Jeff dropped the bottle. I called and asked him why they pulled from the auction and he told me the same thing. Said he wanted to puke, or maybe he said he did puke! lol! I can't remember but I know it made him sick. Guys there's a nice little cobalt Hosp. bottle on Glassworks auction right now. It's a beauty. The one I have in that size is a much lighter cobalt. Don't know what it will go for but probably more than usual because the darker cobalts in that size are not the norm.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
You never know with an auction screwtop. All it takes is 2 people who want it badly. I've seen that bottle go anywhere from $250 to $400 but they were all a lot lighter cobalt with weaker embossment. I'm curious to see what that one on Glassworks goes for. Here is one of my cobalts. It is a shoulder embossed 4 piece mold. 7" tall. U.S.A. Hosp. Dept. 4.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll continue to post more pics when I can. Hey sand, I remember that auction when Jeff dropped the bottle. I called and asked him why they pulled from the auction and he told me the same thing. Said he wanted to puke, or maybe he said he did puke! lol! I can't remember but I know it made him sick. Guys there's a nice little cobalt Hosp. bottle on Glassworks auction right now. It's a beauty. The one I have in that size is a much lighter cobalt. Don't know what it will go for but probably more than usual because the darker cobalts in that size are not the norm.

Well, handling bottles with cloth gloves as I've seen him do in the videos is both unnecessary and downright dangerous. Those prints on our fingers serve a purpose other than a way to identify us. BUI is unwise as well. I'm not saying that either was a factor in this case, but...I better just hush.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi