Howdy and Nehi embossed art-deco bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Today was a bright sunny day so I went out and did some bottle hunting again. Nothing too intense except the embankment was about a 45 degree hillside. It was an area I hadn't searched before because it gets too thick with foliage later in the year. I was going for quality rather than quantity because there were a lot of common junkers. Then there was this. I literally prayed there was nothing wrong with it when I saw it laying by itself. It's one of the most flawless bottles I've found in the wild. I believe this is a Glenshaw bottle because of the coding below the lip. GC on one side and 69 on the other. But I don't think this bottle was made in 1969?! So what does the code mean? I'm leaning towards this being a 1920's or 1930's bottle. What do you think?

DSCN1466.jpgDSCN1479.jpgDSCN1480.jpgDSCN1482.jpg

Then a little later I found this Nehi bottle from Uniontown, PA. A nice Owens-Illinois Duraglas dated 1960. Not quite as great condition as the other one, but can't complain.
DSCN1483.jpgDSCN1524.jpgDSCN1492.jpgDSCN1485.jpg

Last edited:

shotdwn

Reaction score
Nice sodas. Congratulations on finding them. The Howdy is a good looking bottle.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
yea, that Howdy is really cool. Hard to believe it was in the woods for so many years and still looks to be in great condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora