High Ground Dairy, Brooklyn NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Beshires1

Reaction score
[h=2]High Ground Dairy Co.[/h]
Found My first embossed Milk intact at my dig site and It appears to be a nice one! Any more info I can get on this oldie will be appreciated. Date timeline, value ect.
attachment.php
attachment.php
The embossing says High Ground Dairy Co. with a embossed elk's head on one side and "5 cent Store Bottle" "One Quart" with "Registered" on the other side​
paperclip.png
Attached Images
attachment.php

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a nice pictorial milk! It might have a two-digit date code somewhere on it, they were putting those on milks pretty far back. I'd guess that it dates from around the mid 20s to mid 30s.

Beshires1

Reaction score
From what information I have found the High Ground Dairy Co. Was in business from 1902 - till 1921-22. The business couldn't recover from a delivery milk man's strike in 1921. The bottle I found is a 1 quart store bottle priced at 5 cents. It was not a home delivery bottle. I wonder how much the delivery men made from delivering these heavy bottles full of milk to customers homes? Wonder if the home delivered bottles also sold for 5 cents a quart. Still this was kinda pricey considering that other dairy companies sold their milk for 3-4 cents a quart. It seems that the milk delivery strike also closed many other milk companies in New York at this time.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora