Newbie in Southern ONtario, Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
Goaliewb, I collect soda bottles exclusively. 40 plus years now. I will have to look up the places in the St Catharines and Niagara area. Local antique markets that I like to walk through are.
Southworks in Cambridge - found a few nice bottles there
St Jacobs Antique Warehouse in North end of Waterloo near the St Jacobs Farmers Market - picked a couple dozen bottles there over the years.
Stratford Antique Warehouse in Stratford - a couple bottle collectors sell there but they price pretty high.
Aberfoyle has an outdoor market in the summer too.

I also shop Kijiji and Facebook Marketplace. Most of my really good finds in St Catharines have been through Kijiji. No idea why I find this town to be a honey hole. I picked up a full case of Art Deco embossed Evangeline bottles in the wooden case. A couple nice McGirr and a few soda water embosed bottles. My best pick up was from a prof from Brock University who was selling his dad's stuff. I grabbed a few boxes of really nice bottles with cardboard carriers. I find these pick ups nice too.
This week end heading to St Catharines to see my son at school and will hopefuly hit a store or two while there.
I look up the store names and post once back.

JKL

Reaction score
RCO, are you in the Collingwood, Wasaga, Barrie neck of the woods. I get that impression from your posts.

goaliewb

Reaction score
Thanks JKL!
but how do you know what bottle is worth when you go shopping?
some good ideas for places to check!
going to hit a couple today i think!
picked up a milk bottle last night ...from Value village hehe $5

RCO

Reaction score
RCO, are you in the Collingwood, Wasaga, Barrie neck of the woods. I get that impression from your posts.

little further north , Muskoka

but I travel around a lot I've been to most of the places you mention that are near Kitchener a few times over the years . except the Stratford store , only been to that town once and that had to be 20 years ago

I've only been to the Niagara area a couple times over the years , in late 2015 I traveled to that area and visited some stores but not an area I would normally make it to

RCO

Reaction score
Thanks JKL!
but how do you know what bottle is worth when you go shopping?
some good ideas for places to check!
going to hit a couple today i think!
picked up a milk bottle last night ...from Value village hehe $5

value village doesn't have many milk jugs , did it actually have writing on it ? name a city

as for bottle prices , you often have to go with your gut and base it on past prices you've seen in other places .

if it seems too high , especially when in antique malls , it often is too high , those vendors sometimes dream up crazy prices . I saw one where the seller wanted $60 for a common bottle cause they had seen someone asking that price on ebay , not that they had actually seen it sell that high but someone asking

goaliewb

Reaction score
Hey RCO!
VV does not have bottles often, but i have 2 from there now, unfortunately they are the same name lol.
Hewitt's. they are larger ones. ill attach a pic.
Im resisting the urge to make a comment about my pair of ju...milk bottles haha hewitt.jpg

Brewster113

Reaction score
Saw one of these Hewitt bottles in Cainsville (east of Brantford) same price 5$ but
the guy who was with me is from Hagersville and he thinks you can still buy milk in them from the store.

Brewster113

Reaction score
Hi Jeff, I used to dig a lot in the Hamilton area and found some good early sodas. Do you have a site you want to dig. What is your interest in bottle collecting.
One of the fellows from the Toronto bottle club has started a club in Paris Ont. and we meet the second Wednesday of the month. Our next meeting in June will be the last for the summer. It is held at the arena in Paris in the museum. Cainsville market actually had quite a few good bottles as I was there yesterday.
Bruce

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264