Newbie in Southern ONtario, Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum! I'm a bit far away from you but I think we have one or two members who are down around your way.

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not really sure who's in that area .

there is a bottle club in Toronto , not sure if they do anything in the Hamilton area . the main thing they do is the bottle show each April in Toronto ( just outside city in Pickering )

I'm less sure about digging and if there actively involved in that , but is definitely people who dig in that area , often bottles are found at construction sites , where condo's or new homes are being built . as the land was often used for something else in years past

RCO

Reaction score
another place you could check is the Mizener's Antiques and more market . I was there once maybe 4 years ago and I found a couple bottles there but not sure if those vendors are still there . but would be a likely place to find things

there also appears to be an antique mall in Hamilton , Hamilton Antique Mall , I've personally never been there , one of the few antique malls in Ontario I've never been in but it might have bottles you never know

goaliewb

Reaction score
oh ya that "Mall" is a new antique store i havent been to yet! have to check that.
If you are ever in Hamilton, Ottawa street (where that store is) is the place to go, there are many antique stores there.
but I fond most of their items are usually overpriced ....

JKL

Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
I'm in the KW area.
I don't do much digging so I hit the local antique malls.
I like the Freelton Antique Mall a lot.
I also find a lot of great bottles in the St Catharines area so go through Hamilton from time to time.
Heading to St Catharines this weekend.

goaliewb

Reaction score
Oh nice JKL! you aren't far at all!
what is in St catharines? markets?
is there a show or anything this weekend?
if you want to go check out the antique shops here in Hamilton sometime id be happy to accompany you! or st catharines, tho I don't know much there, im a newb lol!

RCO

Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
I'm in the KW area.
I don't do much digging so I hit the local antique malls.
I like the Freelton Antique Mall a lot.
I also find a lot of great bottles in the St Catharines area so go through Hamilton from time to time.
Heading to St Catharines this weekend.

have been to the Freelton Antique mall before , there is some good bottles there at times , although prices can be a little high , have made a few interesting finds there

never been to St Catherines and not sure what stores or such are in that city , there is an antique store along the QEW I was in maybe 4 years ago ( prudhommes antique market ) I don't recall finding any bottles there though

also a large antique store near Niagara on the lake I was in around the same time 4 years ago and it had some bottles

but I haven't been down that way for several years so I don't really know what any of those places have currently

RCO

Reaction score
oh ya that "Mall" is a new antique store i havent been to yet! have to check that.
If you are ever in Hamilton, Ottawa street (where that store is) is the place to go, there are many antique stores there.
but I fond most of their items are usually overpriced ....

just trying to suggest some idea , I rarely get to Hamilton , the last time I was in the city itself was 2012 , had a traveling job back then and stayed in a hotel downtown , got to see a lot of the city as we were there for a couple weeks but never been back

I passed thru the area in 2015 and visited the Mizener's market , there was a vendor who had a lot of bottles back then , no idea if he's still there , found a neat 1930's era embossed bottle from Brantford in his mix of bottles and some other bottles from the Hamilton area from another vendor

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264