old look alike coke bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

petejc

Reaction score
I was metal detecting the other day and found a bottle that I swear was an old coke bottle....It even had that light pale blue tint to it. I mean it looks EXACTLY like a coke bottle.
I don't know how to post a pic on this site cause I'm new. but here is all the markings on it.
About the middle it has....Reg U S Pat Off then a space then...contents 61/2 fl ozs...then about an inch up from the bottom , there is some numbers...59-16....on the very bottom there is an oval zero with a vertical line down thru it and looks like the letter ...c.. above it......That is all. There is no mention of the words coca cola.....thanks, Pete

Last edited:

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It was probably a 1950s ACL-only Coca-Cola bottle where the ACL (applied coloured label, which is baked on) degraded in the ground.

petejc

Reaction score
Robby, what was the applied color label made of and where would it be on the bottle...???

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
The milk bottle people may know what the chemical composition of ACLs were as they changed from the 1930s to today. The process was called pyro-glazing.

Usually, ACL Cokes look something like this:

il_570xN.540507485_pe5j.jpg

petejc

Reaction score
Yes, mine looks like that without the words coca cola.....what do you think the numbers near the bottom ....59-16 mean?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Sounds like a 1959 Coke with the ACL Color Label missing. Common on outdoor found Cokes. LEON.

petejc

Reaction score
Thank all you guys for the info.....I know years ago they used to have numbers on the very bottom. Because we used to get together at a gas station that had one of those machines you put a quarter in and opened the door and pulled one out. We would all throw a dollar into a pot and whoever had the lowest or highest number, which ever we picked before you got you bottle would win the money.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu