Diggin' In Virginia - relic huntin' success

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I was in Virginia the past few days at an organized relic hunt called Diggin' In Virginia. It is three fun-filled days of relic hunting in Culpeper county. This time, we hunted at Fair Oaks farm near Jeffersonton VA. Here are my finds.

DSC_1170.jpg

As a newbie, I am very thrilled with my finds, and I will always enjoy them. I will add more details and pics later.

Last edited:

Screwtop

Reaction score
DSC_1172.jpgIMG_0097.jpg

Yeah, bullets are my favorite. 58. Cal.

The round spheres are actually canister shot. When a canister shell was fired, it exploded above the enemy spraying lead (union) or iron (confederate) balls down on the men. It was a deadly weapon.

Screwtop

Reaction score
IMG_0085.jpg

This is the hill where I was finding most of everything. On the opposing hill, a battery or two of Yankee cannons was bearing down on the rebs - stationed on this hill.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Excellent digs screwtop! I know you had a blast! I am an avid relic hunter myself. That was what I was doing when I found my first bottle. I guess one hobby kinda goes with the other.

Screwtop

Reaction score
An inkwell was found a the site, but that was about it. This was a battle site, so bullets, case shot and shells were found. A friend found a perfect Georgia button too. He didn't know what it was, lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu