Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Finder

Donald Duck or popeye with music

Yesterday I found a few pieces of an ACL bottle that was blue and white. I thought it was a picture of popeye in a boat but now Iím not sure. Maybe it could have been Donald Duck.

Anyway, later I found another piece that appeared to have music lyrics on it.

Iíve tried googling it but have come up empty. Now I feel like I have to go back and try to find it which I think will be nearly impossible.

Thanks for any info

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Do you have a picture? There was a Donald Duck soda which had ACL bottles, but I don't think it had lyrics to anything on it. If it actually is Popeye, then you may have just reignited a very long-running thread of years past https://www.antique-bottles.net/show...-SODA-QUESTION

So i went back today and spent a few hours trying to find the piece of bottle. I found the bottle, looked at it and thought again that maybe it could be popeye. I took some pictures in the field to make sure that if it broke or I lost it again that I could have some evidence.

In my course of looking for this piece of bottle (in blue), I stumbled upon a broken bottle (in red) that is "The Hoosier State". This bottle also has lyrics printed on the back of it.

SOOOO - I'm thinking that my popeye bottle may be some type of Indiana state bottle? However, i have no idea about either of these.

As for donald duck....I did find a piece of the Donald Duck bottle that was just his head and hat (no picture).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1591.jpg   IMG_1592.jpg   IMG_1593.jpg   IMG_1594.jpg   IMG_1595.jpg  

IMG_1596.jpg   IMG_1597.jpg   IMG_1598.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Interesting pieces. Maybe soda pop bob knows what they are but he's been kinda AWOL or MIA lately. LEON.

Senior Member Bottle Finder bottle-bud's Avatar
    My goodness! It certainly would be neat to see what they are as a whole.
    That guy in the boat just looks so familiar, like I have seen that bottle before, but just cannot place a name.
    Last edited by bottle-bud; 04-07-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    That would be incredible if it were pieces of a 'Popeye" bottle!

Zooming in on the picture of the sailor, he has an anchor on his left arm/forearm.

very cool... if you could clean the dirt off without taking the ACL off it may be a little easier to see and figure out... I can only see the words bring back... May be the words to "My Bonnie"?

I don't think that is Popeye, his clothing doesn't match up to any Popeye images I can find.

Are you sure these are pieces of soda bottles? I'm guessing old drinking glasses or jelly jars.

Found one for Indiana.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vintage-Indiana-Souvenir-glass.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	187882