WOW! Coca-Cola bottle at auction $100,000+

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Can't say that I've ever seen that prototype before. That's a heap o'jack for a Coke bottle for sure. I doubt that one of those was ever filled, much less ever made its way to a dump, but you never know! Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Lola.

The mods need to delete that spam from Oksi.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The auction description says some shards were dug back in the 70s so it's not completely inconceivable that one could be dug, but definitely extremely unlikely. You'd have a much easier time finding a pot full of gold coins.

RCO

Reaction score
its definitely interesting , but I don't know of any bottle collectors with that kind of money , were talking about enough money to just about buy a house or a new car . few could justify that amount of money being spent on a bottle no matter how rare it was

one potential buyer might be the Coca Cola Museum in Atlanta Georgia , it appears to be owned by Coke and they would have enough money to buy it . the bottle is definitely museum quality

but I don't see this bottle being in financial reach for an average collector

hemihampton

Reaction score
Who ever bought that other 1915 Test/Prototype Coke bottle a couple of years ago for $240,000 should buy this one to go with it. They belong side by side. LEON.

LolaInSF

Reaction score
Whoa, there was one that went for $240,000? Lunacy! It's inconceivable to me that anyone would have that kind of money to spend, but man I'd be thrilled to be the person selling it! Although, if you were enough of a collector to have it and know what you had, I imagine it would be pretty tough to let it go.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's the other Coke for $240,000.00 LEON.

cokebottle.jpg

LolaInSF

Reaction score
It hit the block on Sunday and sold for $94,000. I guess that's a bargain....!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora