Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member New Bottler ann_digs's Avatar

Beaver on bottom of bottle

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Found this bottom part of a bottle, in a bottle dump behind my house, 1800's and early 1900's bottles. This one is neat! Although it is only the bottom. It says Trade Mark P G with a beaver in the center. Around the edge is says Winnipeg. Would anyone know anything about it? the age as well? I think early 1900's. Thank you kindly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190408_221226.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Hmm that's an interesting one, probably a soda bottle. I don't know who PG would be, definitely not Drewry's or Blackwood's which are the two main Winnipeg bottlers I'm aware of. Looks like an older one too, definitely suggests you're in a good spot!

Junior Member New Bottler
    No info for you but thats really cool! I woulda picked it up as well! Treasure!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your help, yes, I have found many items in the same area, not just bottles. This one though...never seen anything like it

Thank you! Yes for sure a treasure!

Maybe Canadacan will know. Canadian sodas are extremely well documented, so the answer shouldn't be hard to find.

not sure either , without more info its very hard to determine the bottler , definitely Canadian if it says Winnipeg on the bottle and found in that region

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    I know there was a Hutch bottle from Toronto with a Beaver pictured on it. LEON.

Thank you, still a mystery. Very Canadian for sure with the beaver on it, eh?

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    Hi there,

I talked to a couple of guys here in Winnipeg who are excellent resources for embossed MB bottles and they both say that this particular bottle with a Beaver on the base was made by Pelissier from Manitoba. If I can get a picture of a bottle I'll post it as well.