Bottle hell.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Right now, I'm just joking....but if anyone finds a dishwasher that will clean bottles inside and out, let me know. I'm looking at possibly 10 average size totes of decent $1 bottles that i need to clean. I dread it so bad. Just grousing....

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I leave those sorts of bottles in the woods, they aren't worth the time of cleaning them. You should also ask yourself what you actually want to do with all these bottles. Remember, you'll never run out of more of them to lug home, there's a pretty much infinite supply out there.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Do you actually have any luck selling them? I've always had a hard time selling all but the nicest dollar bin bottles. The cobalt blues and common sodas sell, but people don't seem to want to buy much else.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Do you actually have any luck selling them? I've always had a hard time selling all but the nicest dollar bin bottles. The cobalt blues and common sodas sell, but people don't seem to want to buy much else.

Usually I am able to sell common bottles that look good for decor, like art deco and cobalt bottles. One buyer bought clear corktops for decorations at an event. Usually I leave blanks and commons behind. I only take ones that are eye appealing or that I think I can sell. I don't take a large amount of these common bottles home, but I do take some to sell to people who use them for other things.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Yep. Thats how it is for me. Just decor. Mostly blue, green, and amber.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
If you think you can find a place for them or someone will buy them, take them with you out of the woods. I know it's a drop in the bucket but it's less trash that will be stuck there for decades.

treasurekidd

Reaction score
Cleaning them is a pain, but why not give selling them a go? Whatever you don't sell can go right into the recycle bin, and that's better than leaving them in the woods.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi