Nu grape thats green and a double bubble looking bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
I found a nu grape with a makers mark on bottom of Rockwood, TN. I'm still working on getting the clay out of it. Will get pics later. How common are these?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
NuGrapes in general are pretty common I think, but Rockwood looks like a pretty small city so that location may not be too common. I think there are also different variations of that NuGrape design with different rarities, but I'm not certain about that. It's not a bottle I come across often, definitely wasn't a popular drink up here.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Rockwood still survives. Not far from me. In the old days before interstate 75 north south... Hwy 27 was the main route to florida for alot of people. Towns grew up along it.

RCO

Reaction score
despite the fact I've only ever found a couple Nu Grape bottles in the wild , I'm pretty sure there common especially in the states . although its more difficult to determine how common that specific city would be .

as for its value would depend if there are any local collectors from that area looking for one

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
I was wrong. Its Harriman, tn. Just a few miles north of Rockwood. Its a broken coke that was in the same area of digging that was rockwood. IMG_20190413_191741_764.jpgIMG_20190413_191808_080.jpg

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Your bottle cleaned rather nicely. I always liked the shape and embossing on the bottle. I have the same bottle in my collection but it is stamped St. Louis, Mo on the bottom. I agree with the gentlemen above that these NuGrapes are somewhat common as Nugrape was very popular in the U.S.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
I didnt know colas were anything other than for "big people" till i was 6-7 y.o. i always drank grape or orange drinks...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado