Another Good Day, Scored 2 cases of ACL Bottles under Old Building.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Oh yeah, excellent find. Im glad for you. Those are nice.

RCO

Reaction score
finds like make wonder whats out there , to find a full case of bottles in the basement , there is still bottles out there waiting to be rediscovered

hemihampton

Reaction score
How do you clean the sodas without the print washing off. Mine does in our dirt down here. Where are you?!!!!! That skull? Is it a badger?

I posted about this on here a few times, The trick I learned is when you pull ACL Bottles from a dump, a lot of times they are covered in wet moist mud. In these cases you want to let the bottles air dry for a while. the longer the better. At least a month is good. If you try to clean to soon, for example while it's still got the wet moist mud on it good chance the paint will come off. But after a month of drying out, good chance paint will stay intact. In the case of my bottles recently found, I know they been stored under this dry back porch for many years. Possibly since 1959 when these bottles are dated. Thats 60 years of drying. SO, I was pretty confident & not really hesitant of cleaning these, which I did with no problems. Hope this Helps. LEON.

sandchip

Reaction score
Nice haul for sure, Leon and thanks for the cleaning tip.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Must have been an older cat to have such long upper and lower fangs.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Thanks, leon. I know when i dig them out, its human nature to smear away the mud. However, i have found that just soaking them in hot water for an hour can make the paint come off if i just barely wipe them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora