Great Pick Up - Facebook Marketplace

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
I was scrolling through Facebook Marketplace and found a person selling a few bottles that looked interesting. I selected a few and arranged for my son to pick up as the seller was a couple hours away. The seller sent a note saying he had others and so I picked a number of those too. In total I picked up 24 bottles or which 22 were new or a variation. Two are duplicates but better condition.
From the left...
1) Red maple leaf on bottle. Don't know the brand. Private label I imagine. Made by National Dry (Toronto) 1977
2) McGirr Blue Seal (St Catharines Ont) - Near perfect condition. I have two other variations of this bottle. Look to be 1955
3) Melody Beverages (Montreal) - Looks to be earlier than 1954. Bottom shows Dominion Glass with a small dot to the left of the logo.
4) Majestic Beverages (Hamilton Ont I think) reverse of the bottle says Texola. #7 beside, on right of the the Dominion Glass mark. So 1957/67?
5) St. Kitts Bottling Works S.Piper (St Catharines Ont) Nice old bottle.

More bottles next...

IMG_0050.jpg

Last edited:

JKL

Reaction score
Here are the next 5 bottles....
1) Port Colborne - Cronmiller Beverage Company. I'm hoping this is a soda bottle but it may be beer, Just don't know. Dominion Glass with #6. 1956
2) Canada Dry Pale Ginger Ale...Nice paper label that matches the quart bottle picked up a couple weeks ago. Dominion Glass with 18 below the mark. I think late 1940s.
3) Quiky - Just a bottle. Don't know much about them.
4) Calgary Beverages - 1965 likely because no millilitres just ounces.
5)Peer's Beverages - Montreal I'm thinking 1952. Bottom of bottle had Dominion Glass mark with B and dot to left of mark, a 2 to the right of the mark and #8 below.
IMG_0051.jpg

JKL

Reaction score
third group of 5...
1) Evangeline - Moran Beverages St Catharines. There is also the same brand and bottle from Nova Scotia. 1960/70
2) Wethy's Carbonated Beverages, Queen City Pure Water Co. (Buffalo) No idea on bottle date.
3) Worley's Beverages (Selma NC) 1969
4) NuGrape, Suncrest Company of Canada (Toronto) bought this one because it had the cap. 1964?
5) Evangeline - (doesn't say where bottled but I think it's St.Catharines On) I bought this one because I have a wooden crate with 20 of the bottles. One closer to filling the crate. My guess this bottle from the 1930s.
IMG_0053.jpg

JKL

Reaction score
4th group of 5

1) Wrightville Beverages (Hull Quebec) This replaces a bottle I have that has a chip on the lip. Not sure on date bottom marks are worn.
2) Chocolate Soldier - (Stratford Ont) Stratford had a Kist Beverage bottling company, so guess they bottled this beverage there.
3) Bell City Beverages - (Brantford Ont) Consumers Glass mark but don't know bottle date.
4) Mason Bros - (Kitchener Ont) Bottom has embossed K.B. Co. Consumers Glass. K.B. Co. Likely refers to Kitchener Beverages. 1930's?
5) St Kitts Bottling Works - (St Catharines ONT) Nice embossed bottle 1930s?
IMG_0054.jpg

JKL

Reaction score
Last of the group
These are quart bottles

Three are Irish Dry (Niagara Falls Ont) Nice to pick up three versions of this bottle. All look to be late 1960s
The other bottle grabbed my attention because of the odd graphic. Looks like a propeller but is actually a face with three legs sticking out of it. Labelled as Regina Beverage Company (Toronto On) 1970 is my guess based on bottom marks.

IMG_0055.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Nice picks!...I always liked that Chocolate soldier.

shotdwn

Reaction score
Nice bunch of bottles. I like the graphics on the Port Colborne.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Thats a nice haul! I especially like the Blue Seal and Melody bottles. The Port Colborne is really cool, I don't see too many bottles with bridge scenes.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are some nice bottles! Several there I haven't seen before. I really like that Port Colborne one as well. What makes you think it might be a beer? I wasn't aware of ACL beer bottles being used in Canada prior to the 1990s. I've been wanting to pick up one of those Wrightville Beverages bottles as well, oddly never came across one despite living in the area for several years.

And wow that Regina Beverage bottle has a strange design on it. I think that may be the weirdest ACL design I've ever seen.

RCO

Reaction score
overall some neat pick up's , you even found one of the evangenline's in the same style as my Brockville bottle .

Port Colborne bottle is definitely for pop , Cronmiller Beverage co is listed as 1931-1956 , seen that one before think it also comes in clear

whats on the side of the Mason Bros bottle ? not sure I've seen that one before but definitely from 20's or 30's era

the St Kitts bottle is a very early one rom that company likely early 20's

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi