Great Pick Up - Facebook Marketplace

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
Those are some nice bottles! Several there I haven't seen before. I really like that Port Colborne one as well. What makes you think it might be a beer? I wasn't aware of ACL beer bottles being used in Canada prior to the 1990s. I've been wanting to pick up one of those Wrightville Beverages bottles as well, oddly never came across one despite living in the area for several years.

And wow that Regina Beverage bottle has a strange design on it. I think that may be the weirdest ACL design I've ever seen.

The only reason I was thinking the Port Colbourne bottle might be a beer bottle is because of the weight and the feel. I was unaware of there being no ACL beer bottles in Canada prior to the 1990s. It was just a hunch.
The Wrightville bottle is replacing one with a chip on the lip. You are welcome to it if you want it just private message your address and I will send to you.

The Regina Beverage bottle was a last minute addition to the purchase. It was so weird looking that $5 was a worthwhile price just because it's a curiousity.

JKL

Reaction score
overall some neat pick up's , you even found one of the evangenline's in the same style as my Brockville bottle .

Port Colborne bottle is definitely for pop , Cronmiller Beverage co is listed as 1931-1956 , seen that one before think it also comes in clear

whats on the side of the Mason Bros bottle ? not sure I've seen that one before but definitely from 20's or 30's era

the St Kitts bottle is a very early one rom that company likely early 20's

The Mason Bros bottle has Kitchener embossed on the side. It's a pretty cool bottle, turns out I have one of them already so it is not new to the collection. I assume there is no connection to the Mason Rootbeer I have seen before.

Thanks also for the info on the Port Colbourne bottle, really glad to hear it's a pop bottle.

I figured you would like the Evangeline ACL that looks like your Brockville bottle!!

RCO

Reaction score
just wondered cause there is a Mason Beverage bottle from Preston ( Cambridge ) they seem to be related but only operated for a short period in the 1930's . don't think they'd be related to the root beer bottle as they only existed during the 30's for a brief period

you seem to get to Niagara region a lot , have a bottle I found there in 2015 in an antique shop . haven't really seen any others since then . its embossed " Moran's " which was one of the main St Catherine's bottlers and likely be from the early 40's , I've seen a lot of acl's for Moran's but this embossed bottle seems to be harder to find , just wondered if you've seen it before when your down that way ?

morans.jpg

JKL

Reaction score
just wondered cause there is a Mason Beverage bottle from Preston ( Cambridge ) they seem to be related but only operated for a short period in the 1930's . don't think they'd be related to the root beer bottle as they only existed during the 30's for a brief period

you seem to get to Niagara region a lot , have a bottle I found there in 2015 in an antique shop . haven't really seen any others since then . its embossed " Moran's " which was one of the main St Catherine's bottlers and likely be from the early 40's , I've seen a lot of acl's for Moran's but this embossed bottle seems to be harder to find , just wondered if you've seen it before when your down that way ?

View attachment 188170

I do go to the Niagara region quite a bit. My son goes to university there and plays on the baseball team. So I go to games, check out antique shops and make an outing of it. I have a number of different Moran's bottles but I have never seen that one before. I gotta say, I can't believe the number of bottles and brands that were bottled in the Niagara region. Seems that every time I head that way I pick up a nice bottle or 2.
That's a really nice looking bottle. I will keep my eyes open for it going forward.

Interesting you mention Mason Beverage from Preston. I have a couple Kiss Beverage Bottles that are labelled Kitchener but have also seen that same bottle with a Peston embossing too. I would suggest there was likely a connection between the two bottlers. I will look for a pic or two when I get home.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The Port Colborne one might have used a bottle intended for beer, it does look like the sort of beer bottles used in that era. If it says "bottle made in Canada" or something like that on the bottom it was almost certainly a beer bottle used for soda.
And thank you for the offer! I'm not sure how much shipping would be though, I don't know if it would be worth it in the end for a chipped bottle. I'm sure I'll come across one of these at some point.

RCO

Reaction score
after not seeing one all this time , one just appeared on ebay , same seller also just listed a St Kitts bottling works and evangeline bottle so perhaps they were in that area . bottle seems to be the same is mine but asking price is insane $ 60 or make an offer , most of this sellers prices seem to be really high . some of the bottles they want big $ for I've personally seen or bought for $5-$10

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ANTIQUE-MOR...926134?hash=item4b6315e3b6:g:l2QAAOSwYipcvJWm

JKL

Reaction score
RCO, here is a pic I found of the clear Port Colbourne bottle. You know your bottles!
I have never seen this bottle before.

Port Colbourne Clear.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
RCO, here is a pic I found of the clear Port Colbourne bottle. You know your bottles!
I have never seen this bottle before.

I don't think there common to find , never actually been to Port Colborne but I get the feeling it used to be much more important and a centre of industry , not sure whats there now . it seems to have had a few bottlers back when it was busier

not sure how many people would be specifically looking for Port Colborne bottles so that might limit its value

looking thru my pictures there is also an embossed Cronmiller ginger ale bottle , don't really know much about it , just saved a pic of it at some point cause it interested me , likely from 30's-40's

cronmiller-ptcolborne1.jpgcronmiller-ptcolborne2.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky