Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Just found this one yesterday. Technically found it a month ago but it fell out of my pack in the woods and didn't realize it until I was home. Figured I'd never find it again but I did. I was losing sleep over it the whole time. There can't be too many of these out there. Connellsville is a small town of less than 10,000 people. I cannot find anything about this drug store online.
DSCN4064.jpg DSCN4063.jpg

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Here's a write up on J C Moore, Druggist, on Water St in Connellsville from 1887. Middle column, next to last paragraph. Looks like he opened for business there in 1869. Nice bottle!

https://books.google.com/books?id=0...=J C Moore Druggist Connellsville, PA&f=false

Thanks for that info. Opened right after the Civil War era. That is very helpful and interesting! I am posting an image of the article, for historical / educational purposes. Copyright goes to the book "Industrial and Commercial Resources of Pennsylvania".
Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Nice! That is a great bottle, and I'd lose sleep over that one too!
Thanks! It is now the favorite bottle that I own. I need to go back again and sort through the area when I have the time and patience. To see if there are any other bottles similar to this one. Also here is a photo of the bottom of it. It has three stars, a "D", "PAT JAN 5 189_ "
DSCN4049.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi