Older beer bottle id and value help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

natethecarlover

Reaction score
I found this a while ago and put in storage was curious as to what it was and how valuable it is.
21c0be4747d93f3e223571e5989ba6fc.jpg
5f3b61b88882c2869722d6a15c5dbb3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Looks like a soda bottle to me. The date code on the bottom indicates that it's from 1954. Unfortunately it isn't worth anything, there are a lot of bottles like that out there sitting in the woods and rivers. People don't usually collect bottles without names on them unless they're very old or unusual.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'll agree with CanadianBottles. LEON.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Looks to me like it was a Mason's Root Beer bottle, the painted label or paper label obviously gone. The timeframe fits for Mason. Heres mine

P1010938.jpg

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
It is "worthless" in a collectible and monetary sense but has value in helping you learn how to identify bottle markings. The number on the left means it was made at Owens-Illinois plant 7 in Alton, IL. The right side will generally be the date on the Owens-Illinois bottles and many other companies too. Sometimes it's not that way. And the logo in the middle is the older one right before the transition was made. About 1955 or so, a new logo with "I" inside of an "O" was used. On bottles it appeared gradually over several years. P.S. you might want to delete the photo that has your mail in it.

Last edited:

natethecarlover

Reaction score
It is "worthless" in a collectible and monetary sense but has value in helping you learn how to identify bottle markings. The number on the left means it was made at Owens-Illinois plant 7 in Alton, IL. The right side will generally be the date on the Owens-Illinois bottles and many other companies too. Sometimes it's not that way. And the logo in the middle is the older one right before the transition was made. About 1955 or so, a new logo with "I" inside of an "O" was used. On bottles it appeared gradually over several years. P.S. you might want to delete the photo that has your mail in it.
I wish i knew how to delete it unfortuanatley its my grandparents mail

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu