Tarboro Pepsi bottle and old ceramic closure Hires bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleNovice

Reaction score
Not really a bottle person, but I have these two bottles and hopefully can get some feedback. The Tarboro Pepsi is embossed "Pepsi:Cola" top and lower bottle on same side and also on bottom, but says "THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD" on the lower rim. Any help?

The Hires bottle has what looks like a brown ceramic and cage closure as is ony embossed on the bottom "Hires" above and "21" beneath.

Any help appreciated as i haven't found online anywhere and curious.

Thanks!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What info are you looking for? Regardless, some pictures would definitely help. Can't tell you much without seeing them.

BottleNovice

Reaction score
Guess that would help! Here are several photos of both bottles. Curious about age, any value, whatever someone can provide. I have a few other beer bottles too, including one rounded bottom one with ceramic stopper, but these were these most interesting. Thanks again.
Hires 1.jpgHires 2.jpgHires 3.jpgPepsi 1.jpgPepsi 2.jpgPepsi 3.jpgPepsi 4.jpgPepsi 6.jpgPepsi 7.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Both bottles date to around the 1900s-1910s, give or take a few years. I don't think the Hires bottle has much value since it's only base-embossed but not certain about that. The Pepsi bottle definitely has some value, though I'm not the one to ask about how much specifically. A similar one without the shoulder embossing sold on Ebay for $40 not long ago, but it was a buy it now price so that doesn't tell you much. Could be worth more than that.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Hello! Welcome. More info on That Pepsi bottle, it could be worth up to 100$ to the right person. Ayers vol 2 guide lists it that way. But that was back in 2001, still a very nice Pepsi bottle. Circa 1918 -1924.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp