Bleach safe for ACL bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm needing help to find out about how old Tournades Bouquet bottle. Its 2 1/2 inches tall by about 1 inch wide at the base. Aqua glass.

Maybe post that Question in another Category like "WHAT IS IT after 1900" or "General Chat about Bottles" Welcome to the site. LEON.

Bottledigger52

Reaction score
I like barkeepers friend powder on a sponge works great really cleans them and haven't had any issues with label's so far.

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
I like barkeepers friend powder on a sponge works great really cleans them and haven't had any issues with label's so far.
Yu guys won't the bottle to look like mine well I keep telling all get a gempolisher it's not what Yu think go to a rock shop or gems ask them to show you some old bottles that have been hydrostatically cleaned to hats it Yu put this chemicle in the little cooker it simply is a dish like thing u put chemicle in and bottle takes awhile but wait and see static electricity so Sparks fly out of this wild ass boiling looks like if Yu stick your finger in it it would be like sticking it into a volcano but guess what wrong it's hopelessly harmless Yu can put your whole hand in it while it's statically cleaning to hose bottle will glisten like diamonds call wendles rock or gem shop bartlesvile Oklahoma it's a gem bottle anything shop she if she remembers me her dad and I were friends deceased now she will prob have some of my bottles I'm sure and explain the bottle or actually gem polisher rem not a sand blaster chemically boils the bottles clean bystatic Ed electricity it wild to watch it's scary but Yu can put ya hand in it best bottles Yu ever seen

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Dave-gil

Reaction score
About 1 tablespoon per gallon but it all depends on many factors. LEON.
Is there any risk to the 1 tablespoon per gallon mixture?
I just acquired a hard to find ACL bottle for a friend and it would be horrible if I ate the paint off!

Is this a wipe or a soak for a time period?

The bottle I have is not nearly as bad as the ones you successfully cleaned (very impressive) but it has some bad areas on the paint that I hope to clean up.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Is there any risk to the 1 tablespoon per gallon mixture?
I just acquired a hard to find ACL bottle for a friend and it would be horrible if I ate the paint off!

Is this a wipe or a soak for a time period?

The bottle I have is not nearly as bad as the ones you successfully cleaned (very impressive) but it has some bad areas on the paint that I hope to clean up.

Try it on a bottle that you don't care about first. Be very careful with bleach. It has a tendency to make bright colors look dull, on anything!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Try a white foam miracle sponge. I get them from the dollar store. Never scratched or damaged acl's or tins. I used this method on a bandaid tin i got in a garage sale. I got for 5 dollars. It did not come wuth the jigsaw blades it was being used to hold. I think it is 50'.
IMG_20200125_082135.jpg
IMG_20200125_082037.jpg

Lunick

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I found some ACL milk bottles in an abandoned house attic. I put them in a tub of water with bleach added to sterilize and soak the disgusting urine/crap that was inside the bottles due to mice/rats using them for homes over the years. The ACL's disappeared. It really sucked, they were nice graphic ACL's.
just new here can you tell me what acl stands for

Timelypicken

Reaction score
ACL,s are the lettering on this bottle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 357

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads