Multiple finds- any ideas?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hannah 653

Reaction score
Bear with me here, I'm completely new to this bottle hunting thing and have no idea how to identify these. Any help?

Extra details: All these were found in an estuary in Kent, England. Bottle 1# has the word CORK printed on another side. Bottle 2# is quite poorly moulded and caves in a bit on one side (I can't tell if you can see in the photo).

By the way we found some other cool things that I had better luck identifying, such as a coke bottle from around 1930-1950, an old glass Vaseline bottle and a 1950s bryllcreem jar. I might post these elsewhere if you're interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 199

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi Hannah, welcome to the forum! Your bottles appear to date to around the 1930s to 50s range like the other finds you mentioned. Bottle 1 held camp coffee, a sort of forerunner of instant coffee. Yours would have been a less successful competitor to Patterson's Camp Coffee, whose bottles are extremely common and look very similar. With bottle 2 there isn't much to identify, really. It could have held all sorts of things. Bottle 3 definitely had one specific product in it with that stylized M on the bottom, but I have no idea what it would have been. Some sort of jam or marmalade maybe? UGB stands for United Glass Bottle, a major bottle manufacturing company of that era. Some info here: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/Nuttall.pdf

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi