Another Good Day & Great Find.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Hi leon, really nice stuff. Just a question....whats the one, second row last one. I find similar ones only newer around here in tn.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Great story and what a cool looking bottle. Its always such a good feeling finding that long sought after treasure.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hi leon, really nice stuff. Just a question....whats the one, second row last one. I find similar ones only newer around here in tn.

I usually don't keep those type of bottles, not sure why I kept this one. At first look I assume a Ketchup because it has the same top typical of most Ketchups from that time Period. SO, Since you asked I looked at it again, & sure enough after wiping the dirt off & cleaning it I see what I was looking for, a small flat smooth spot within all this raised ribbing on the bottle. Whats that mean, thats were they would of put the paper label. BUT, Unexpectly I also notices some writing on it. Writing sez JOSEPH CAMPBELL CAMDEN NEW JERSEY. Joseph Campbell is well known for starting the Campbell Soup Company. He also made Ketchup & other Condiments. SO, In a nutshell I'm pretty confident this is indeed a Ketchup bottle. Probably not rare or Valuable but Kinda cool looking, even Cooler now that it's not a Slick & has a name embossed on it. LEON.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Thanks leon, thats what i was thinking. Condiment of some kind....just didnt know which. The are hard to clean in smaller sizes, but sell well for $1 each because of their unusual shape.

Wayneharris1958

Reaction score
would love to know where this is. I live real close to Detroit and would enjoy digging some of those babies up...lol. great find brother

hemihampton

Reaction score
So would I. If you wanta meet me down there I can take you to the spot to dig. Let me know. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I took a look at Ron Fowlers hutchbook.com website on Hutch's & did not see mine listed or pictured so I sent Ron a Pic to add to his site. It's # MI0090.5 It's just a slight variation with differance in size & Makers Mark #'s. Below is a link to his Detroit Hutch's. A great Website, Highly Recommended if you ever need to look up Hutch information. LEON.

P.S. Click on links in next post.

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora