Another Good Day & Great Find.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
After work near downtown Detroit I drove by a old spot Me & Tom dug like about 8 years ago. About 5 years ago I drove by the spot & I see some old dug holes from Bottle Diggers across the Street from our spot. Looked like they were dug years ago. I wondered who it was. About a Year later I meet a guy thats new or newly getting back into bottle digging. Said he'll take me to a dump in Detroit he used to dig many years ago. When he tells me where it is I then Realize this is the guy that dug those holes across the Street from Me & Toms spot. SO, We go but did not find much. Fast forward another 4 years to Today & I go by for the Hell of it, Nice Weather & Bored so why not. The whole block or Blocks where there is roads but not many old or new houses, mostly empty lots, I see behind one old house they put in a new Telephone pole & kicked up a lot of dirt, but it's all been smoothed out with some Gravel on it. Looks like I'm a little late as the digging is all done & filled in. BUT, Since it is a dump I see bottles laying around & broken shards everywhere. I remember the other bottle digger telling me when he dug it many years ago he found lots of Feigenson (a.k.a. FAYGO) Hutch's. I Say REALLY. Out of the 2 different Faygo Hutch's I only got one. And been looking for the other Variation with the Registered for past 10 years. Very Elusive & hard to find. I never see them at any Bottle shows & only seen 1, maybe 2 on ebay in past 10 years & got outbid everytime. SO, As I'm at the telephone pole area with scattered Bottles & shards around me I think of what my Buddy said & keep saying to myself, Hmmmm, Sure wish I could find one of those Faygo Hutch's he was talking about. I get my pockets & hands full of bottles but no Faygo's or Hutch's, just common crown tops. The Dump dates from around 1900-1920 I'd guess. As I'm heading out back to my car I see a very small piece of glass barely peeking out from the dirt, which is hardpacked & been dulldozed over 10 times probably. I don't know why I wasted my time on such a small barely viseable piece of Glass, But I did. And I could not believe what I found. PIC Below. LEON. FaygoHitchInDirt.jpgFaygoHutchInDirt2.jpgFaygoHutchInHandDirty.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Elusive FEIGENSON Hutch. Feigenson started in 1907 & this Hutch is there very first bottle from around that Time frame. A few Years later the name was Shortened to just FAYGO. Faygo like Vernors from Detroit has somewhat of a Cult Following & desireable & highly collectible, Similar to Coke or Coca Cola & Pepsi. SO One of my most wanted Bottles I finally get to dig myself. How Cool is that. LEON. FaygoHutchInSkyDirty.jpgFaygoHutchCleaned.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Some of the other Bottles found. Some Beers, Soda, Med or Pharmacy Bottles, Inks & Miscallaneous.LEON.GroupwithFaygoHutch.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Fantastic find, congrats! And the condition looks great too! I'll have to pay more attention to those little bits of glass sticking out of the ground.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks, Anytime you can dig one of your most wanted bottles is a spectacular day. Now I need to dig a extremely rare LION Brewing co. Bottle from Detroit. Lion later became known as Stroh's. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Fantastic find, congrats! And the condition looks great too! I'll have to pay more attention to those little bits of glass sticking out of the ground.

Thanks, I've found bottles in flattened smooth Construction site digs before, wear just a small bit is barely viseable. Sometimes just a shard but sometimes a whole bottle & you wonder how did all that heavy equipment & Machinery run that over & not break it? LEON.

DanielinAk

Reaction score
Congrats brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora