Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member New Bottler
    Hi leon, really nice stuff. Just a question....whats the one, second row last one. I find similar ones only newer around here in tn.

Senior Member Bottle Finder bottle-bud's Avatar
    Great story and what a cool looking bottle. Its always such a good feeling finding that long sought after treasure.

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    As others have said, great story, and congratulations on a beautiful bottle!

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Lyons View Post
    Hi leon, really nice stuff. Just a question....whats the one, second row last one. I find similar ones only newer around here in tn.

I usually don't keep those type of bottles, not sure why I kept this one. At first look I assume a Ketchup because it has the same top typical of most Ketchups from that time Period. SO, Since you asked I looked at it again, & sure enough after wiping the dirt off & cleaning it I see what I was looking for, a small flat smooth spot within all this raised ribbing on the bottle. Whats that mean, thats were they would of put the paper label. BUT, Unexpectly I also notices some writing on it. Writing sez JOSEPH CAMPBELL CAMDEN NEW JERSEY. Joseph Campbell is well known for starting the Campbell Soup Company. He also made Ketchup & other Condiments. SO, In a nutshell I'm pretty confident this is indeed a Ketchup bottle. Probably not rare or Valuable but Kinda cool looking, even Cooler now that it's not a Slick & has a name embossed on it. LEON.

Member New Bottler
    Thanks leon, thats what i was thinking. Condiment of some kind....just didnt know which. The are hard to clean in smaller sizes, but sell well for $1 each because of their unusual shape.

Member New Bottler Bottledigger52's Avatar
    Congratulations that is a great story to go with a amazing piece of history!!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

would love to know where this is. I live real close to Detroit and would enjoy digging some of those babies up...lol. great find brother

So would I. If you wanta meet me down there I can take you to the spot to dig. Let me know. LEON.

I took a look at Ron Fowlers hutchbook.com website on Hutch's & did not see mine listed or pictured so I sent Ron a Pic to add to his site. It's # MI0090.5 It's just a slight variation with differance in size & Makers Mark #'s. Below is a link to his Detroit Hutch's. A great Website, Highly Recommended if you ever need to look up Hutch information. LEON.

P.S. Click on links in next post.
    Last edited by hemihampton; 05-16-2019 at 07:10 PM.

http://www.hutchbook.com/Bottle%20Di...rce=Attributes

Forgot, this stupid antiquebottles website will no longer let me ad links anymore. Frustrating. Damn it. LEON.

http://www.hutchbook.com/Bottle%20Di...umber=MI0090.5

edit: I think I may of figured a way to get the links in here, click onto links above & below. THANKS, LEON.

Last edited by hemihampton; 05-16-2019 at 07:07 PM.