Lake Drive Dairy embossed milk jug Bracebridge Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
recently found this milk jug on a local auction site for a reasonable price .

I've seen a fair number of acl milk jugs from Lake Drive Dairy ( which seems to have been the main dairy in Bracebridge area ) but not seen any embossed ones . and it also has a slightly unusual shape

its embossed " Lake Drive Dairy , Pasteurized phone 172 , T J Ball " , dominion mark on the bottom

according to my books they operated from 1923- 1950's or 60's , I don't think this jug is from the 50's or 60's so would seem to be from earlier , maybe 30's or 40's ?

lakedrivedairyball.jpg lakedrivedairyball1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice, a bowling pin milk! Those are usually pretty early, I'm guessing this one is from the 20s when the dairy first opened. They seem to have been phased out by the 30s. I've got a few from dairies in Quebec and all date to the 10s or 20s as far as I know.

RCO

Reaction score
another picture so you can see the distinctive shape , the other 2 were from the auction site

agree it would seem to be from the earlier years of his operation , likely 20's or 30's , most of the local milk jugs I've seen for this area are from the 40's - 60's , I've rarely come across anything earlier , a few of the local towns I've never seen anything 20's-30's era , I think this would be the earliest jug I've seen from Bracebridge

DSC02031.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora