Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

found some old rusty pop cans but nice Orange Crush

on the weekend I decided to check an area I had first found last fall as its a lot easier to see things now without leaves and bugs .

in terms on bottle finds , found a couple no deposit pepsi's and a pop shoppe bottle but nothing old , found a couple sites where things had been tossed into the woods but just broken glass jars and junk

did find one spot where there was a small concentration on metal pop cans , to save time I just threw them all in my bag to sort thru once I got home , what was worth trying to clean or just toss out .

several different brands , mostly coca cola and diet coke , also a diet sprite , pepsi , dr pepper , orange crush and a really rusty Fresca you can barely see ( between the crush and diet coke )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190512_095120.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	188517

Nice going. Iím doing the same, out digging soda and beer cans right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there that old , don't really find a lot of older Dr pepper cans or bottles here , not a common find up north . the orange crush has nearly full colour

Name:	20190512_100328.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	188518

I hear that bud. I did get myself an older 1960 Orange Crush yesterday. Iím still sore after digging for 11 hours

a few days ago found this can , think it might be a lot older but in really bad shape , for America Dry ginger ale , a brand I rarely or never found before around this area but I think it was sold in Canada

Name:	20190509_133327.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	188519

Cool can. I just looked in Dave Tanners book and it should be the 1958-1959 can I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielinAk View Post
    I hear that bud. I did get myself an older 1960 Orange Crush yesterday. I’m still sore after digging for 11 hours

I think these cans are from the late 70's or early 80's , before they switched over to aluminum here

Yep but not the American. Thats older

Quote Originally Posted by DanielinAk View Post
    Cool can. I just looked in Dave Tanners book and it should be the 1958-1959 can I think.

its definitely old as they can to manually open it with a can opener , not a lot left though , just the one side where you can read " America dry "

Name:	IMG_0831.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	188520
    Here is a church key opening can like your caking manually open. That I dug and cleaned this year.
    Your can will clean up.
    Some quick items you can pick up locally should be called Bar keeper, wood bleach or Citric acid. Oxalic I have to order.
    Give it a try and check out the Rusty Bunch forum for great can cleaning advise