found some old rusty pop cans but nice Orange Crush

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've never seen that design of Diet Pepsi can before, is it a contest can? And I always like finding plates, I think the ones with the month on them were for trucks if I remember correctly.
You're right about Molson Export, I don't often see people drinking it. I don't often see it in bars either, although you can find cases of it in most depanneurs in Quebec. Funny how those old brands ebb and flow, I wonder if it'll ever make a comeback. It was hugely popular back in the 70s, or at least it would seem that way based on the amount of advertising they put out.

RCO

Reaction score
the diet pepsi cans had a contest on them called the " money tree " , it takes up the top part of the can which is why it looks different . I've noticed a lot of the cans from that era had contests on them

actually did find a modern Molson Export bottle the other day along a side road when I was exploring but I'd rarely come across modern export bottles or cans . the modern beer cans I find are mostly ( bud light , Budweiser , Molson Canadian , Busch , Coors Light , Corona , Labatt Blue , Carling )

I don't know if it will ever come back in style , is so many beer brands now and most of the younger people have never heard of it . I think they do have it at our Boston Pizza though and maybe local pub ( although I recall they thinned out the number of bottled beer available dramatically for some reason ) I think they dropped popular beers like Coors light and Heineken and not sure why

RCO

Reaction score
went back to the location I found last week with the diet pepsi cans , found a bunch more .

some neat one's were in very poor shape though , found a Lime Fanta ( which I haven't really seen before but too damaged to keep ) and a Wilson's Ginger ale from Toronto ( also haven't found before but all rusted away )

more diet pepsi's , Carlton Club - cola , coca cola and Sports Cola by Canada dry ( never seen this one before and not sure how common they are )

also found 3 large no deposit bottles ( pepsi , Canada dry and 7 up ) . the pepsi bottle has a neat cap , which appears to be from same contest as the cans " money tree " also a 15 sec cover under the cap which I discovered when I opened the bottle

20190605_132731.jpg20190605_132805.jpg20190605_133933.jpg

DanielinAk

Reaction score
went back to the location I found last week with the diet pepsi cans , found a bunch more .

some neat one's were in very poor shape though , found a Lime Fanta ( which I haven't really seen before but too damaged to keep ) and a Wilson's Ginger ale from Toronto ( also haven't found before but all rusted away )

more diet pepsi's , Carlton Club - cola , coca cola and Sports Cola by Canada dry ( never seen this one before and not sure how common they are )

also found 3 large no deposit bottles ( pepsi , Canada dry and 7 up ) . the pepsi bottle has a neat cap , which appears to be from same contest as the cans " money tree " also a 15 sec cover under the cap which I discovered when I opened the bottle

View attachment 188886View attachment 188887View attachment 188888

Nice going. I still like them Carlton Clubs. There’s gotta be some older cans around there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCO

Reaction score
the Wilson's ginger ale can , likely looked something like this , found this picture on the internet . although I've found many Wilson's bottles I can't recall finding a lot of there cans although I'm sure there is more out there as they were a large bottler

wilsonscan.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also found another " carlton club " can at another location , this one is for Ginger Ale , since it wasn't part of the 70's dump , less sure of its age but likely late 60's era ( also appears to only have oz on it , so it is definitely older )

it still has some colour ( white and green paint ) but is some significant damage on the back and small hole on front

20190605_133420.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
Nice going. I still like them Carlton Clubs. There’s gotta be some older cans around there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found another carlton club can , this one for ginger ale . not sure why I'm finding them all of a sudden . I'd assume one of the major grocery stores here sold them back in the day

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those Carleton Club cans looks like they're in decent shape, they would probably clean up well with a soak in some acid. And I've never heard of Sport Cola before, must not have been too popular in Canada. I wonder if they ever had an ACL bottle here, I imagine probably not. I was looking for a picture of one and there was a paper label NDNR posted on here years ago plus an ACL from the United Arab Emirates, of all places. No sign of a North American ACL though.

RCO

Reaction score
Those Carleton Club cans looks like they're in decent shape, they would probably clean up well with a soak in some acid. And I've never heard of Sport Cola before, must not have been too popular in Canada. I wonder if they ever had an ACL bottle here, I imagine probably not. I was looking for a picture of one and there was a paper label NDNR posted on here years ago plus an ACL from the United Arab Emirates, of all places. No sign of a North American ACL though.

the carlton club's still have a lot of colour , a lot of rust on them too . not sure of the value of a carlton club cola from the 70's , if they'd be worth cleaning up or not .

don't think I had heard of Sport Cola before either , really be surprised if there was an acl bottle used in Canada . the can site has some cans from all kinds of odd countries that had sport cola at some point . but I don't know how long the brand was available in Canada before Canada dry ended its other brands and just focused on ginger ale .

its neat to find something I haven't seen before , as by now I've pretty much seen every brand that was out there . but apparently there was some smaller ones I've yet to learn about

RCO

Reaction score
went back to that spot and found some more cans , mostly the same cans as before although one unusual can .

appears to be called " jocko " although a lot of the writing I can read is in French . says its for some sort of protein or milk drink . was made by the Canadian dairy producers Burgessville Ontario

20190619_132348.jpg20190619_132830.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu