found some old rusty pop cans but nice Orange Crush

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DanielinAk

Reaction score
IMG_9439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah that American Dry looks like it should clean up pretty well if the other side isn't totally eaten away. Never seen that one myself, definitely wasn't a very successful brand up here since the bottles don't show up too often either. I think there was a franchise in Kingston, not sure if it was bottled anywhere else in Canada.

RCO

Reaction score
Yeah that American Dry looks like it should clean up pretty well if the other side isn't totally eaten away. Never seen that one myself, definitely wasn't a very successful brand up here since the bottles don't show up too often either. I think there was a franchise in Kingston, not sure if it was bottled anywhere else in Canada.

agree it wasn't a common brand up here , although my books lists it as being bottled in Toronto , Hamilton and London , Sarnia

the back of the can is in pretty bad shape , found it along a small side road , no sign of anything else nearby

Canadacan

Reaction score
American Dry is a Canadian brand originally, at some point either Kik aquired them or Crush did when they aquired kik in the 1940's. That can is from about 1965.
On the contrary, it was fairly successful, and Crush kept the brand rolling into the early 70's.
Kik and American Dry were operated under the subsidiary company Associated bottlers limited owned by Orange Crush in Canada....and they owned many other brands, especially by the end of the 60's.

AmericaDry2-Ga-AC-PT.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
American Dry is a Canadian brand originally, at some point either Kik aquired them or Crush did when they aquired kik in the 1940's. That can is from about 1965.
On the contrary, it was fairly successful, and Crush kept the brand rolling into the early 70's.
Kik and American Dry were operated under the subsidiary company Associated bottlers limited owned by Orange Crush in Canada....and they owned many other brands, especially by the end of the 60's.

nice picture of the can , I didn't realise it was originally Canadian , one would just assume it was American .

any thoughs on the time period of the crush can I found ? is it common , don't think I've seen one before at least not in that good of condition

Canadacan

Reaction score
Well the link that CC posted seems to indicate the brand name was Reg. in the USA in 1924. I never found any original Registration documents for it in Canada. So there is a bit of a mystery as to where it originated...I'm leaning towards it was American first.
That Crush can is the fifth generation from about 1985, I have a few cans from that generation but I'm missing several, they came in crimped and straight sided.
This was nearing the end of the steel can erra, at this time they were already doing 280ml aluminum and had limited cans in 354-55ml.

Crush5-Os-AC-ST-sun tree.jpg

Crush5-SF-Os-CCS.jpg

Crush5-Li-CCS- ST.jpg

Crush5-SF-Cs- CCS-ST-CS.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I assumed it was near the end of the metal can era , just based on there age . I like that lime can , i'll keep my eyes open for any more of these crush cans if I come across cans from that era

also found a cream soda crush can from the 70's I'd assume last week , lots of colour but really dented

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora