found some old rusty pop cans but nice Orange Crush

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
poked around another site the other day , would of been a great spot to find cans 10 or 20 years ago before they rusted away almost entirely , its a railway embankment near a park

all kinds of different stuff there but mostly way too rusted ( dozens more cans I left there ) , brands like pepsi , 7 up , coca cola , Schweppes , country time lemonade , Tahiti treat , howdy , Labatt's 50 ( beer )

also found some bottles , lots of green beer bottles , some common no deposit bottles and a pepsi swirl bottle

20190515_140207.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I attempted to clean a couple cans , only really wanted to keep the 7 up and Tahiti treat , I suspect the Labatt's 50 could be cleaned up more as its mostly all there . the howdy was for orange flavour but not much left

7 up was a total surprise as when I found it you couldn't even see the green label , its the can beside the howdy in top row of first picture , you couldn't tell it was a 7up can but after a quick cleaning the label started to appear on 1 side

bottles at back are the pepsi swirl bottle and a pepsi no deposit and coca cola no deposit both extremely common here

20190515_143446.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow, Country Time Lemonade brings back memories from a long time ago. Can't for the life of me remember if it was actually any good or not. Are any of the cans flat-tops? Looks like mostly pull-tab types.

RCO

Reaction score
Wow, Country Time Lemonade brings back memories from a long time ago. Can't for the life of me remember if it was actually any good or not. Are any of the cans flat-tops? Looks like mostly pull-tab types.

flat tops ? don't think there that old , I'd estimate from 70's or early 80's

online it says country time lemonade was introduced in 1975 so those cans can't be that old . its not a drink I've ever really bought so not sure what its like or what it would of been like back then

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah when I posted that for some reason your second picture wasn't showing up for me. You're right, definitely not that old. Although there were a few brands of soda that continued using flat tops much later than they're normally seen, mostly supermarket brands.

Canadacan

Reaction score
All 70's except for Country time- 80's... and the Labatts ale is late 60's.

RCO

Reaction score
found a couple more cans Friday night , poked around a couple different parks when I was out

damaged grape Fanta early 80's ? , " carlton club " cream soda ? store brand I'm assuming , Pepsi Cola ( unusual design on can though that I don't usually see ) 70's maybe ,

and a 7 up with nearly full colour " caffeine free " on side of can assuming early 80's , it was stuck deeper in the ground than the others nearby which were all rusted ( small dumping of trash ) , was surprised by its condition

20190518_110418.jpg

DanielinAk

Reaction score
found a couple more cans Friday night , poked around a couple different parks when I was out

damaged grape Fanta early 80's ? , " carlton club " cream soda ? store brand I'm assuming , Pepsi Cola ( unusual design on can though that I don't usually see ) 70's maybe ,

and a 7 up with nearly full colour " caffeine free " on side of can assuming early 80's , it was stuck deeper in the ground than the others nearby which were all rusted ( small dumping of trash ) , was surprised by its condition

View attachment 188639

Holy cow that Carlton Club is a good can from 1962. You gotta go back and dig more of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCO

Reaction score
the Carlton Club was found along a road and the only can in that location .

feel like I've seen it before maybe not the cream soda but that brand , didn't realise it was that early though it was a store brand but online says it was made by Adanac Beverages Toronto

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi