new thing for me ... ;arge pop bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goaliewb

Reaction score
Just got my first 2 large bottles (Pepsi is 26oz). 1966.
NOt sure of date on the Kist, it is a consumer glass, 2 on the right, looks like a 6 on the left? its not a deep embossed base so pic wouldnt work.
let me know what you think date may be on the Kist ...62?
Are large bottles generally more rare? I see far less of them and they tend to cost more it seems..
Thanks all!

Attachments

• big bottles.jpg
    big bottles.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 224

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
1962 is certainly possible for the Kist, but it would depend on the style of Consumer's logo. They used a triangle with pointed corners until 1961 and one with rounded corners after that. In general yes, larger bottles are less common. People just didn't buy as many of them, and it's harder for them to survive in the wild. They also take up more space though so I don't always see them as more desirable. I'm usually quite picky when it comes to deciding whether or not to buy a large bottle considering how much shelf space it will use up.

RCO

Reaction score
most of the large bottles aren't rare if there from major brands like Pepsi /coca cola/Canada dry etc , you see them fairly often in antique malls and such

there are some larger bottles / 30 oz size from some of the various local bottlers which can be much harder to find . there are a few which would be much less common to find and considered rare but not sure off hand which ones . I recall seeing one on kiiijji a few years back from a local bottler and never seen another since

I also try and avoid picking up larger bottles due to lack of space , but I have found several of these over the years and have some stored in boxes in the garage , not sure off hand what I even have , know there is a pepsi , Canada dry , various 30 oz green bottles in there ( likely ginger ale bottles with embossing on the neck but missing paper labels ) for brands like Wilson's / Niagara dry / muskoka dry

RCO

Reaction score
your bottle was likely stored indoors to be in such good shape , I've never found a Kist ginger ale bottle before but have seen that bottle before , found a 30 oz kist " festival dry" bottle before but label was in pretty bad shape

goaliewb

Reaction score
Oh ya forgot about the C in the triangle flip! will check that tonight!

I dont really get onto the large ones myself but the pepsi was on clearance for $5 and the Kist was new to me and nice label (and seemed like good price).

guy had few Diamond ones too but didn't want too many bigs lol

JKL

Reaction score
Goaliewb, The Diamond Brand bottles are from Hamilton, your area. Kind of a plain label but cool because a local brand. I picked up a case of both the 30oz and 7oz in wooden crates a couple years ago from a lady in Dundas who said they were delivered to your home by the Diamond Beverages truck. I love them because they are local and have a cool story.
The Kist bottle is likely from Stratford, where a large Kist bottling facility was located. Montreal also had a big bottling facility.
I have quite a few 30oz bottles. I like them as much as the small bottles. But like others say, they can take up space. However collect what makes you happy.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I would think the Kist is 62...52 is a possibility but I'm not sure what year they changed the label, I have an older 7oz dated 1947 and the matching quart but can't get a date off the bottle due to light embossing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi