Hortons Orange Dip (Chatham Ontario) Need help.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
I'm looking for help from the Ontario Canada guys. I was looking to buy a bottle from a local antique guy. Brand is Horton's Orange Dip out of Chatham Ontario. My guess on age is 30s. He sent me a few pics, hopefully someone can pull enough detail out of the bottle to help me out. They are not great.
I think the bottle is worth $10-$15 but he wants much more than that. I come to my price based on the fact almost every toown had their own small bottler. Similar embossed bottles can be had in this range. I have not seen this bottle before so thought I would reach out to see what you guys think.
Check out the pics. I appreciate any feedback.
Horton Orange Dip 1.jpgHorton Orange Dip 2.jpgHorton Orange Dip 3.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
your right its from the 30's , book also lists Horton's as being from Walkerville Ontario ( Windsor area ) . never get to that area but have had a couple chatham bottles before , a Hoon's beverages and an Erie Beverages

have seen this bottle before , its a neat bottle but agree $10-$20 , if he wants much more than that , price would seem high

JKL

Reaction score
I bought the bottle for $15. I have not seen one before but I hated paying that much for it.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Not a terrible price for an unusual deco bottle. But yeah generally if you think a bottle costs too much, just pass on it. You'll usually find a cheaper right after you pay the full price - that's just how it goes.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi