Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar

Rumming's - Nanaimo B.C.

Several weeks back I was on Vancouver island in one of the shops and ran across this version I had been after for ages, well I initially left it behind because it had a chip in the lip
    The next day I went back and grabbed it going against my instinct to not to buy!...lol, I guess I just could not stand being without this variation any longer.
    It's a 7oz size dated 1947 and is the last style ACL before Island Bottling took over in 53-54...which they continued to use the iconic HBC Bastion image on their bottles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190516_103638.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	188609

Here are my other Rumming's bottles.

Name:	20180810_003051.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	188610
    Last edited by Canadacan; 05-16-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    it does look very similar to the Nanaimo bottling works bottle , not sure I've seen this version before

Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    it does look very similar to the Nanaimo bottling works bottle , not sure I've seen this version before
    Yes here is one of the very first from Island Bottling mine is dated 1953...I'm not positive but believe there is a Rumming's in the same style.
    These are the two bottles most people are familiar with.

Name:	20180810_074448.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	188611

Yes, there is a Rumming's version of the bottle on the left, I've got one. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. I have one like the first you posted as well although unfortunately the label is not in very good shape - in that case I'd much rather have the chip! Rumming's has a huge number of bottles, I think you're around halfway there to getting the full run of them haha! I remember there being a rumour that they might have even had a stoneware ginger beer but I've never seen proof of that claim and am pretty skeptical of it.

Yea CC I have a few to go yet!...and I have come across several of them but often passed on them because of the price tag!..lol
    I never seen one, and doubt there is one, if there was I'm sure the late Wayne Wager of Nanaimo would have found it!...there was one from Louis Lawrence though.

Yeah I think Wayne may have had a post about looking for one on his old site, but never got any results from it. I've still never seen any stoneware from anywhere on the Island other than Victoria. I've heard of the stoneware Louis Lawrence bottle but don't think I've ever even seen a picture of it.