Some beer and med acquisitions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I went to the Ohio River today to find some arrowheads...zilch in that category. Instead, I found a Hosters Beer bottle from Columbus Ohio. 1920's most likely. The bottom was broke, but I found the piece, and it will glue perfectly. Next, I found a nice wide mouthed med, (not pictured) and several heart-breakers. Straight side coke from Nashville, broken cobalt blue med from Richmond, and several milk bottles from the local area. I then went to a nearby antique shop and bought some nice bottles. Lydia Pinkham's Vegetable Compound and a Wagner and Sons beer bottle from Columbus. I am very happy with the Wagner's, because it was in business from 1933-1937. Any idea how old the Pinkham's bottle is? Or the value for my finds? Thanks for lookin'!

DSC_0793.jpg

Hosters

DSC_0794.jpg

Pinkham's

DSC_0795.jpg

Note that the sloppy mold seem ends here.

DSC_0798.jpg

Wagner's and Sons Brewing Company. That's the product!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'd guess the Lydia Pinkham probably pre 1900. Unfortunately extremely Common & maybe worth $5.00. Pre Prohibition embossed but no paper label crown top Beers typically only worth about $5.00 unless obscure or rare or has a nice paper label intact. LEON.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Nice medicine bottle. I have some from that era and I'm guessing it's 1890's because of those seams. The slugplate beer bottle is nice too.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Small correction: The Wagners bottle is marked AUGUST WAGNER AND SONS PRODUCT'S COMPANY. This means it was made between 1919 and 1933. AUGUST WAGNER AND SONS BREWING COMPANY was 1933 to 1937. I got the two mixed up.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi