Star Beverage co - Toronto Ontario bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this one a couple months ago at an antique mall in southern Ontario . never seen it before although I had seen other bottles from Star Beverage co Toronto . there listed as having operated from 1914-1941 in Toronto Ontario and then seem to disappear

this bottle seems to be a 30's era art deco style bottle , not much on the bottle " Star Beverages co registered " contents 6 1/2 oz .

has some unique features such as the " grips " , is 4 of them , which allow the person to much hold the bottle much easier , it is a fairly heavy bottle for its size

is a star embossed on the very bottom on the bottle .

DSC02062.jpgDSC02061.jpgDSC02063.jpgDSC02065.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, never seen it before. Very unusual deco design for a Canadian bottle.

RCO

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, never seen it before. Very unusual deco design for a Canadian bottle.

I had never seen one before either which was partly why I decided to buy it .

its not listed in the Toronto bottle book , there is a page for Star Beverages co that features several of there bottles ( most of which are aqua style soda water bottles ) but its not there . perhaps they hadn't seen one either

DSC02080.jpg

JKL

Reaction score
That is a very nice bottle!
I have only seen Star Beverages bottles from Sudbury. The picture below is an example I recently picked up and it dates to 1960.
The second picture is a bottle very similar to your deco design. It appears to have the same indents for grip. Yours has rings near the neck where mine has vertical lines. The only markings on my bottle are on the base where it says Canadian Bottlers Association and then the large CBA.
IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0133.jpgIMG_0134.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
it does look very similar to the Canadian bottlers association bottle ( seen that one before but don't have one ) , its possible there somehow connected or from same maker

there was a Star Bottling works in Sudbury , also Kirkland Lake and Oshawa . I don't think there related to the Toronto bottle despite having a similar name

DNArielle

Reaction score
I had never seen one before either which was partly why I decided to buy it .

its not listed in the Toronto bottle book , there is a page for Star Beverages co that features several of there bottles ( most of which are aqua style soda water bottles ) but its not there . perhaps they hadn't seen one either

View attachment 188742
Hello! I'm so sorry for the bother, but could you tell me which book this is? I'm trying to find a reference on the star beverage company in toronto without any luck. Thank you!

RCO

Reaction score
toronto bottle book is called " Dr Dean Axelson's Encyclopedia of Toronto embossed & Etched bottles , from the soda water and soft drink industry 1830-1940 "

but not entirely sure where copies would be available for sale currently , its been out of print for a while and collectors usually don't want to sell there copy

DNArielle

Reaction score
toronto bottle book is called " Dr Dean Axelson's Encyclopedia of Toronto embossed & Etched bottles , from the soda water and soft drink industry 1830-1940 "

but not entirely sure where copies would be available for sale currently , its been out of print for a while and collectors usually don't want to sell there copy
Thank you so much! I'm trying to see if I can find a copy at my local library. It's for research and reference purposes for a report I'm writing, but it doesn't seem like I'll find a copy any time soon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora