Elbows Deep in the Muck...then, Some Luck!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Whew!

Hours of plowing through bottom strata, it being the consistency of a thick, brown milkshake, and BOOM! Came up with this sweetheart of a round-bottom - "Kenneth Campbell & Co Medical.Hall Montreal"

This find prompted another vigorous, rabid plow-fest thru the goo, but that was all she wrote. And that's just fine, cause I'm on cloud nine! Ah, the thrill of the hunt & the joy of the prize!

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 361

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ooh, that's a really good find! I don't think I've ever seen one of those in person, I've seen pictures but didn't realize that these were true round bottom bottles.

RCO

Reaction score
its amazing whats out there hidden deep down in some of these places , I don't know if I've ever seen this one before but thinking no

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Ooh, that's a really good find! I don't think I've ever seen one of those in person, I've seen pictures but didn't realize that these were true round bottom bottles.

Hi CB,

Indeed, there is a wide variety of round-bottom bottles to be found. Most of the ones I have are unembossed, but I've seen many types of embossed r-b's over the years. A lot of them came from England and the British Isles, so I have been told. They packed nicely in crates, & were often used as ballast cargo in the lower holds of transatlantic ships.

Not the most convenient design to sip from though!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
We divers do get lucky once in a while...:eek:

Hah! I'd hate to calculate how many hours of searching in less-than-pleasant-waters is required before a good find is made. Then again, it makes a good discovery all that much sweeter, eh?

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
its amazing whats out there hidden deep down in some of these places , I don't know if I've ever seen this one before but thinking no

That's what keeps me going back RCO! There is such a variety of glass to be found!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi CB,

Indeed, there is a wide variety of round-bottom bottles to be found. Most of the ones I have are unembossed, but I've seen many types of embossed r-b's over the years. A lot of them came from England and the British Isles, so I have been told. They packed nicely in crates, & were often used as ballast cargo in the lower holds of transatlantic ships.

Not the most convenient design to sip from though!
Yeah there are certainly a lot that were shipped from the UK, it's very unusual to find them in that design from a Canadian company though. There are some very old Hamilton round bottoms from Ontario but I think those are even harder to find than this one. Not sure there are any other Canadian round bottoms in this style but it wouldn't surprise me if there are.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora